Looking for a freeride/all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Looking for a freeride/all mountain bike
O+
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 at 8:02 Quote
with the euro doing better than the usd i forgot to do conversions Rolleyes

anyways....

i was gonna reccomend the mongoose khyber...but thats at around half your budget.

Might also want to check out the Giant Stanchion or the Trance x (more of a cross country bike)

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 5:24 Quote
go and get your self a kona stinky. 7" travel.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 6:41 Quote
take a look at mondraker prayer,msc nosko,giant reign ,gt sanction ,kona colair,rock machine volcano,scott ramson,ktm prowler...

try to found a giant reign x0 in second hand,is a realy good bike!Wink

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 6:43 Quote
kc5965 wrote:
go and get your self a kona stinky. 7" travel.

Eek

kona stinky is to heavy to all mountain,but very good to freeriding...

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 6:48 Quote
look at mine on my profile

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 7:17 Quote
sx trail for around £1800,nearly the same as enduro just a bit beefier.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 8:48 Quote
bought a kona coilair two weekends ago, really great ride. 6" front 6.5" back

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
i got an enduro sl comp and i ride everything with it. i was in the same boat as you looking for an xc bike that i can also ride dh with. maybe even consider the norco six series. they are wicked sick and are set up for north shore style trail riding and i believe they liscensed specialized fsr suspension. but ive dropped 4ft drops n landed flat on 25+ft jumps.. just set the suspension and ride. and the enduro sl got the double crown fork.. keep it sick.

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
wirenut013 wrote:
i got an enduro sl comp and i ride everything with it. i was in the same boat as you looking for an xc bike that i can also ride dh with. maybe even consider the norco six series. they are wicked sick and are set up for north shore style trail riding and i believe they liscensed specialized fsr suspension. but ive dropped 4ft drops n landed flat on 25+ft jumps.. just set the suspension and ride. and the enduro sl got the double crown fork.. keep it sick.

the sl is a really sick bike just the price is quite a draw back... Madder

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
yea.. ture.. it took me a while to get the money for it.. but i was looking at a few trek's and norco's.. if u wanta try specialized tho.. the pitch is way cheaper but uses the same frame design and geometry but has slightly lesser spec on the components.. if i couldnt afford the enduro i was going for the pitch

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 17:14 Quote
Thanks for all the advice guys!

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
iron horse 6 point 4

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
I would suggest getting a norco six one

they are great bikes and they are classifide as a: all mountain/freeride lite

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 3:28 Quote
jimap123 wrote:
Thanks for all the advice guys!

get a specialized pitch , they have everything u could need, they have more reliable suspension componants then the enduro sl, although that said there were verry few issues with 2008 enduro sl suspension componants,plus they offer a 5 year warrenty on there own suspension nowdays.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026919
Mobile Version of Website