Looking for a freeride/all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Looking for a freeride/all mountain bike
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
I've been riding a 06 cannondale prophet 1000 29lbs 140mm front and back decent component package adjustable geometry 69 or 67.5 head tube angle full length seat tube for max adjustment single pivot design for low maintanance. and so far it has not let me down.mostly used for all mountain but has handled 4-5' drops on occasion with no problem. I paid 1800 used from pink bike.
cheers.

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
really.. the best thing to do is to make a list of all the "all mountain bikes" there are.. then take out the obvious dummies.. then compair the ones left for what you are looking for.. then go and actually see them in person.. walk around em, sit on em, etc. then pick the one that feels the best and rides best on what you ride most. 2 cents

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 8:50 Quote
Yeah thats the best way thanks

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 8:21 Quote
I'm a little biased but for that price range I think you should scope out a Cove Hustler. It's a great compromise bike for people who like to do it all - climb, play in the park, descend. It wont take the huge hits but my bike is specced with a Fox TALAS 32 RLC (5.5" travel) matched to the rear Fox Float RP23 (5.5" travel) and a light freeride build and is the perfect bike for what I use it for. It also is built right around 30 lbs right now and could be 28ish with a lighter wheelset and some other tweaks.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017888
Mobile Version of Website