...htt...

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 16:53 Quote
I Have been trying x-ups but i have been haveing trouble. I can do them fine when manuling but when i try them on a jump i the bars hit my knees or my tail goes flying out. Please help.

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 17:06 Quote
could you guys tell me how to do good rollbacks and 180 on a Bmx
thanks

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 17:38 Quote
canadianfreeride wrote:
I Have been trying x-ups but i have been haveing trouble. I can do them fine when manuling but when i try them on a jump i the bars hit my knees or my tail goes flying out. Please help.

I've posted some stuff on the last page about Xups. They might help.

[Quoten]could you guys tell me how to do good rollbacks and 180 on a Bmx
thanks[/Quoten]

I've been trying to learn 180s and I found by putting a stick on the ground the way I turn has helped me to look over my should and that helps get your upper body spinning.
Rollbacks? I dunno much all I know about them is patience and lots and lots of practice.

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 17:47 Quote
Rollbacks are not to hard. Just go jogging pase up a bank hope the pedal backwards and turn your bars. Evently you will get it. It is a trick that is not hard on paper. But takes a while to prefect.

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 21:37 Quote
dirtjumper09 wrote:
Can someone teach me how 2 no foot can i always hit my frame on the way back

Well, this might not work for some people but it worked for me. I learnt 1 foot cans, easy trick to do; get use to doing them and get them over the bar nicely. After I learnt them I felt like I got use to getting them over the bar, got no-cans first try after that. Just give it a try, I'm prettyy sure it will help you cause it helped me so much.

bigquotescan some1 teach me how to x-up

Just keep trying to get your bar tweeks farther and farther. A big problem is some people don't lean back far enough, this will casue your bars to hit your legs. I think the main thing to getting x-ups is, you got to start when your at your mid point in the air; just before you start going down, At your peek.

Heres a video that I think will help you out-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHTBPcep9w8

Chom,

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 5:31 Quote
canadianfreeride wrote:
Rollbacks are not to hard. Just go jogging pase up a bank hope the pedal backwards and turn your bars. Evently you will get it. It is a trick that is not hard on paper. But takes a while to prefect.

thanks man

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 8:17 Quote
canadianfreeride wrote:
wen in the air try pushing your knee's out to the side that will stop them hitting the handlebars.......

or tyhe easy way..... cut them down Smile

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 8:58 Quote
when i xup, my knees are so far back they are near the seat. it allows good clearance, and you can counter the "whip" effect you get, by holding the seat lightly between your legs. i can also just throw them without doing that, but it tends to send me a bit squirly for some reason. i have retardedly long bars (28 inch) so i have to get quite back.

try this... roll up a steepish hill, and do a big hop when your slowing, and throw an xup there, thats how i learnt, i found it easier than trying it first time on flat or on jumps, as there are less consequences for not bringing it back completely.

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 16:48 Quote
hey would you tell me how to do a 360,tailwhip,and good manuals

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 17:34 Quote
How would I do a 270 on a hip?

How do I do a tire tap/abubaca or whatever it's called?

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 18:39 Quote
Well, I just learned tuck no handers, thought I'd throw some help out there

First of all, its a good idea to be able to tuck your bars into your lap before even trying to take your hands off. I leanred to do this by pulling the bars into my lap while using my feet to push the back end out. After you get the tuck part you should start trying to throw your bars into your lap insetad of pulling them in, as you throw them into your lap, throw your hands out. To land them just grab the bars again and even out your bike.

Hope that helped someone out there

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 19:54 Quote
A lot of these tricks can be accomplished with just some pratice, trick tips are sometimes not very helpful; some are. But tricks like manuels and rollbacks, those tricks are something you will get over time; go to the skate park or in a bank in your front yard and pratice them and I can gaurentee that you will get them within a month or two. Just don't give up, when you get frusterated take a break but try it again later.

Chom

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 19:57 Quote
well when i learnt abubacas i just leaned back hard and hold the brake. then bunny hop and pull the bike in towards yourself and land. start off on something small and steep. if its steep your halway there already.
good luck

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 3:10 Quote
kajtek007 wrote:
How would I do a 270 on a hip?

How do I do a tire tap/abubaca or whatever it's called?

270 hip: find a hip that is an opposite hip for you, or the way you spin. go up the lip like your just going to hit it but towards the top carve just a little bit that will start your spin off, and then look behind you to get your upper body spinning, spot your landing.

Tire tap: go up on the bank hop 90 degrees stick your back tire down while pressing your brakes and then hop 90 degrees out landing on both tires.

Abubica: go up the bank just when your almost stopped hop landing on your back tire with your brake on, and then hop landing on both wheels on the bank, then fakie out. fakieing is a whole different story

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 8:53 Quote
darrentomahawk wrote:
hey would you tell me how to do a 360,tailwhip,and good manuals

Hey! I just posted this on the first page! Try to look trough the thread to see if anyone has posted up the trick you want to learn!

How to tailwhip!

First of all, you have to commit, and find a decent sized jump or a quarterpipe to deck!

When you go towards the jump/qp you have to pump really hard to get as much air an hangtime as possible.

Now, what you dont want to be doing is kicking the bike right of the jump/qp because that will cause the bike to spin upwards and the tail of the bike will be standing strait up.
But if you wait a little moment till you are a little leveled out and then kick the bike you will notice that the bike will spin level and you will be hanging slightly over and be able to keep the bike under you, that way it will be much easier to get on the bike!

The most important thing is to use your hands to get the bike to spin faster.

When the bike is at 270 you have to prepare to catch it on the chainstay or the seat with your foot and then try to get on the pedals.

This comes from personal experience and this is how I do them!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017030
Mobile Version of Website