what pikes are you running

PB Forum :: SRAM
what pikes are you running
Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 21:57 Quote
anyone have a problem with the 426 locking up?

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 21:59 Quote
Not for me. I have the 426 Coil U-Turn. All i've done is wreck the seals but that's a non serious inexpensive fix. Have your lbs take a look at it, they usually can tell you what's wrong.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:01 Quote
Right now I have a medium spring which I think is too soft for dj, should I get firm or xtra firm I'm 135 lbs

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:02 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
Right now I have a medium spring which I think is too soft for dj, should I get firm or xtra firm

Depends on the weight of the rider. For me, 130 - 140 lbs, the firm is absolutely perfect.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:04 Quote
mcburtonsoft wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:
Right now I have a medium spring which I think is too soft for dj, should I get firm or xtra firm

Depends on the weight of the rider. For me, 130 - 140 lbs, the firm is absolutely perfect.
if I continue to grow should I just get the extra firm? And does the spring come with shrink tubing?

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:08 Quote
No I think getting a firm would be best because until you grow, the spring may be too stiff for you. I'm not sure about prices in the states but for me, it was 30$ for the spring and $30 for labour so that's a grand total of 60$ + tax in CAD.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:12 Quote
[Quote="mcburtonsoft"]No I think getting a firm would be best because until you grow, the spring may be too stiff for you. I'm not sure about prices in the states but for me, it was 30$ for the spring and $30 for labour so that's a grand total of 60$ + tax in CAD./Quote]
Views: 1,760    Faves: 0    Comments: 65

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:13 Quote
[Quote="tacobell123"]
mcburtonsoft wrote:
No I think getting a firm would be best because until you grow, the spring may be too stiff for you. I'm not sure about prices in the states but for me, it was 30$ for the spring and $30 for labour so that's a grand total of 60$ + tax in CAD./Quote]

Is that with it's current spring? Or is your fork broken?

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:13 Quote
People have said that the noise was cause I need shrink tubing. Would the firm spring come with shrink tubing already on, would it stop the noise?

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
[Quote="mcburtonsoft"]
tacobell123 wrote:
mcburtonsoft wrote:
No I think getting a firm would be best because until you grow, the spring may be too stiff for you. I'm not sure about prices in the states but for me, it was 30$ for the spring and $30 for labour so that's a grand total of 60$ + tax in CAD./Quote]

current spring and it just got rebuilt but still makes the noise

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
People have said that the noise was cause I need shrink tubing. Would the firm spring come with shrink tubing already on, would it stop the noise?

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:17 Quote
[Quote="tacobell123"]
mcburtonsoft wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:

The spring I bought had some shrink tubing on it yes. I thought that was stock on any spring... Not entirely sure I'm not a bike mechanic, sometimes mine makes a slight ping noise because it's hitting the inside of the stanchion... Maybe have another bike shop look at it if you have another one locally.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
[Quote="mcburtonsoft"]
tacobell123 wrote:
mcburtonsoft wrote:

The spring I bought had some shrink tubing on it yes. I thought that was stock on any spring... Not entirely sure I'm not a bike mechanic, sometimes mine makes a slight ping noise because it's hitting the inside of the stanchion... Maybe have another bike shop look at it if you have another one locally.
I did and they said it was the coil hitting the inside( I need shrink tubing)? Or mabe my headset

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:21 Quote
[Quote="tacobell123"]
mcburtonsoft wrote:
tacobell123 wrote:

I did and they said it was the coil hitting the inside( I need shrink tubing)? Or mabe my headset

So we basically have the same issue except mine only makes noise when I get close to fully compressing the fork. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to check the tightness of your headset, even the smartest of people sometimes don't tighten a headset enough and it clanks and what not. But make sure you have someone who knows what their doing inspect it and give their opinion before you go out and buy new stuff.

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 at 22:25 Quote
[Quote="mcburtonsoft"]
tacobell123 wrote:
mcburtonsoft wrote:

So we basically have the same issue except mine only makes noise when I get close to fully compressing the fork. It wouldn't be a bad idea just to check the tightness of your headset, even the smartest of people sometimes don't tighten a headset enough and it clanks and what not. But make sure you have someone who knows what their doing inspect it and give their opinion before you go out and buy new stuff.
i had like 4 diffrent shops check, dumb but how can I tell if my headsets loose cause nothing is really moving around or anything, but the guy said it was normal even on brand new forks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019986
Mobile Version of Website