GHOSTS?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
GHOSTS?
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 14:51 Quote
marty660 wrote:
CarbonOS wrote:
I myself have never seen a ghost, but I have encountered an 'angel' when I was stuck on a local mountain for hours last winter on a hiking trip. Angels are not what society stereotypes them, all white with wings, halo and all that sh-t.

What? Please elaborate, I want to hear this story.

I was off to Mt Seymour (local mountain) and to make this part of this story short, more than half of the people on this trip took off somewhere after 4 hours of moving gear into the trail. (We were told that the hike was about 25 minutes, but actually the snow + equipment slowed things down quite a bit.) It was like an assembly line to move gear and stuff down the steep grades. It was about 9 PM at this point. Hiking isn't new to any of us, we have done this many times before, but the conditions were so far below ideal, I would rather eat a brick rather than go in there again. Anyways, when we found a bunch of backpacks and portable stoves, lamps etc in the middle of the trail, the remaining crew and I were like...wtf -_-. So after maybe half an hour of deciding, we sent 2 people to look for them because they markedand went over this trail a week before. We waited until 11 or so, then I can't remember why, we started to move equipment again while looking for the 2 people we sent. The amount of gear, well...imagine 34 of those Rubbermaid tote box things notto mention they are heavy as hell and fragile. We probably did the assembly line process for another hour when we were all dead tired and no sign of the 2 + missing band of people, and because we are all christians, we went on our knees and prayed. After our prayer, I noticed 2 shining specks on my right, just like little silver reflectors on running shoes and windbreaker jackets. I look harder again (it was dark and we were only using head lamps) and it was a dark silhouette all dressed in black. it was climbing a slightly steep grade. The reflective specks looked like they were on boots. I did a quick head count and we were all still huddled together, with some stranger about 20 feet away from us climbing the hill in that direction. This is so hard to explain without drawing it out Razz . We started running toward this baclk figure and yelled and stuff, but we got response. It seemed like no matter how fast we ran, its slow trudging pace was beating us in speed.

Heres a simple diagram of it's path:

Blue lines outline the general trail, pink dots is the remaining crew, and the elevation goes higgher from the bottom right corner to left top corner. That means the figure was going on the path and started going up the steeper side off-trail. We went after it, but we took the way around it.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee40/vpfreemrusername/path.jpg?t=1218232835
As we chased after it, we suddenly found the 2 that we sent, but the figure was gone. We went back for footprints on the path the figure took, and there were none except for our own footprints chasing it. It was clear to us later that God himself sent one of his angels to unite our group again.

This was really hard to describe text wise, sorry.

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 15:07 Quote
That's a really cool story, sounds like that figure, whatever it was, saved your expidition.
As a christian, I'll accept that it was sent from God.

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
marty660 wrote:
That's a really cool story, sounds like that figure, whatever it was, saved your expidition.

Yeah, in the end we all found each other, except for a backpack some kid left on the bus >. lol

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
marty660 wrote:

You sir have just gained my respect. Most people on this forum would shout at the guy who was talking about angels, saying it's not real and stuff.

I'm Christian too so I'm inclined to agree with you two mind Razz

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
Thank you Big Grin . I was amazed when God heard of our distress.

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 9:38 Quote
steve14 wrote:
I have never seen a ghost, but I am very sure I saw a UFO once. Me and my friend were walking across a field at like 11 at night and were talking about UFO's. We both looked up at the same time, and we saw 2 green lights flash across the sky, and we both stopped talking and looked at each other, wondering if the other guy had seen it. It was so weird. And it was too far up to be a firework.

steve that happend to me chris and luke, 2 green lites and 1 purple one and it was not a f**kin plane it soulded alot different and we seen it alot longer you can see a plane for,

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
CarbonOS wrote:
Thank you Big Grin . I was amazed when God heard of our distress.

That is very interesting. I'm also christian and have friends with stories like that.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 22:43 Quote
I have a friend thats a ghost...NATTTT Thumbs Down

But my real fear is zombies...lol everytime were out partyin we always decide to go down this road called zombie road...and it scares the shit out of me everytime...theres one house at the very end..and theres like signs that say...watch out for children and all this crazy shit...

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 23:26 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts... I've never really seen one... My overactive imagination has made me see several things that I'm not certain were actually there... When I look into darkness I always see things... and I find this happens a lot more when theres something on my mind.
i always get that it freaks me out. and im not sure if i believe in ghosts also. its day time and you think thats stupid there not real but when your all alone at night it feels like someones watching you. has anyone ever had that?

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 8:26 Quote
Freeride110 wrote:
gibson19 wrote:
I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts... I've never really seen one... My overactive imagination has made me see several things that I'm not certain were actually there... When I look into darkness I always see things... and I find this happens a lot more when theres something on my mind.
i always get that it freaks me out. and im not sure if i believe in ghosts also. its day time and you think thats stupid there not real but when your all alone at night it feels like someones watching you. has anyone ever had that?

Ya... I'm not convinced I believe in ghosts either but sometimes I swear I see things and when I try and rationalize them I can't come up with an answer so I tell myself it must have been a ghost or something

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 8:57 Quote
Freeride110 wrote:

Yus. I get it alot. But I believe in that sorta stuff (because I can't rationalize it, so I have to give myself a reason).

Especially in old houses.

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
ryeguyy wrote:
steve14 wrote:
I have never seen a ghost, but I am very sure I saw a UFO once. Me and my friend were walking across a field at like 11 at night and were talking about UFO's. We both looked up at the same time, and we saw 2 green lights flash across the sky, and we both stopped talking and looked at each other, wondering if the other guy had seen it. It was so weird. And it was too far up to be a firework.

steve that happend to me chris and luke, 2 green lites and 1 purple one and it was not a f**kin plane it soulded alot different and we seen it alot longer you can see a plane for,
yha I was with you guys, remeber?

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
Bolmy wrote:
Freeride110 wrote:

Yus. I get it alot. But I believe in that sorta stuff (because I can't rationalize it, so I have to give myself a reason).

Especially in old houses.

same

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 9:06 Quote
Bolmy wrote:
marty660 wrote:

You sir have just gained my respect. Most people on this forum would shout at the guy who was talking about angels, saying it's not real and stuff.

I'm Christian too so I'm inclined to agree with you two mind Razz
yeh i agree, sent from god to find your way and help the 2 guys

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019358
Mobile Version of Website