New to DH. Are there better choices than others?

PB Forum :: Downhill
New to DH. Are there better choices than others?
Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 19:02 Quote
djingisgr8 wrote:
devinci website
No, I can't find the price ON there website. And the Wilson 1 not the 4.

Posted: Aug 1, 2008 at 19:02 Quote
Avidmark wrote:
I'm looking to get a DH bike for next year and not to sure which company and model to go with. Bang for the buck is more important than just the price.

Check Ebay for bargins and don't be afraid to build from the frame up. From my exp I would recomend a 2005/6 Specialized Big Hit as they can outperform frames at double or tripple the price and the upgrade possabilities are endless. I have more fun on mine than my session 10!
BTW My big hit is pimped out and weighs in at 37 pounds.
photo

photo

photo

29" Standover height which is great, good cockpit, light, bombproof, 135 rear axle spacing, 8" travel and over a decade of race proven suspension design.

PS,I'm not trying to show it off.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 2:22 Quote
Avidmark wrote:
djingisgr8 wrote:
devinci website

I'll post on tuesday the For-sure price, But I'm pretty sure my Bro, paid 2400 cdn for his

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
dmadness wrote:
Avidmark wrote:
djingisgr8 wrote:
devinci website

I'll post on tuesday the For-sure price, But I'm pretty sure my Bro, paid 2400 cdn for his
Nice. Thanks mang.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
if you just staring out santa cruz makes some good bikes man. pretty costly but definitly worth it. take a look at the bullit for some DH.

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
konabikerjohn wrote:
Get a Mongoose ECD 3000 amazingly spec'd

agreed. goes fast out of the box and at a stellar price

Posted: Aug 2, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
trailer wrote:
if you just staring out santa cruz makes some good bikes man. pretty costly but definitly worth it. take a look at the bullit for some DH.

i agree, the bullit is one of the better dh bikes i have ridden.

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 8:37 Quote
specialized bightit sell the fork and get a tripple crown then you will have some parts to upgrade

or this https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/346369/ you have 500 to upgrade stuff

Posted: Aug 3, 2008 at 9:47 Quote
konarider6666 wrote:
specialized bightit sell the fork and get a tripple crown then you will have some parts to upgrade

or this https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/346369/ you have 500 to upgrade stuff

i dont see why people like big hits so much, i eman ive demoed quite a few, and they just dont really.....idk they just dont really fit my riding style, so you should deffinately test out your bike before you get it, because in the end you might not like how it rides.

Posted: Aug 4, 2008 at 22:34 Quote
my buddy paid 2200 for his Devinci wilson 1,

Chain tensioner ( e-13 pretty sure )
888 rcv
juicy 3's
and a vanilla rc Shock ..

Decent wheels

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 10:54 Quote
The Mongoose ECD

It's a great spec DH. Even though you may not get one with a spec like this for under $3500. You'll certainly get close. You dont see many, and I think they're really nice looking bikes.

http://www.simplythebike.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2756

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 13:36 Quote
Remember the Suspension platform on the mongoose can be a bit strange to get used to..

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
willshiels wrote:
Remember the Suspension platform on the mongoose can be a bit strange to get used to..

yeah i demoed a mongoose at killington for a few days, and i hated it because i couldnt get used to the suspension setup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026757
Mobile Version of Website