Powered by Outside

First ever OPUS thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
First ever OPUS thread
  • Previous Page
Author Message
Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:14 Quote
Hi folks I am thinking of starting an OPUS thread for Opus mountain bikes....I guess feel free to comment or post your Opus, ask questions. I will do my best to answer as many as I can.
photo

2071585


Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
Here is the same bikes the other way around. Both are 2007 Opus top models the Stakh1 and the Maadh1...
photo

2071589


Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
Sick steeds, man.

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
Thanks i like them they ride great climb without bouncing. The Stakh1 i got it down to just under 25lbs. I replaced all the bolts to Ti and seatpost to a Next SL.. The Maadh i got it to 28Lbs on the nose.

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
Don't bother with Ti. The weight savings is nothing compared to the price.

We had one of the Stakh frames in our shop.

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:34 Quote
Ti is already done i pay cost plus 20 on my Ti parts.

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
element22 wrote:
Ti is already done i pay cost plus 20 on my Ti parts.

I still don't think it's worth it. That's me, though.

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:37 Quote
The cool think about Ti is that you can change the colour of the bolts...
photo

1891671


Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
Ohh and no rust....Ever.

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:38 Quote
You make a good point.

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:43 Quote
If you do the whole bike you end up saving about 250g maybe more if you do every bolt....75g just on the brakes 30g on each wheel then the rest on the seatpost, stem, shifters, etc....

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:43 Quote
Yeah, but at what cost?

Posted: Aug 8, 2008 at 20:51 Quote
I think i did my bikes for about $110....I did both so its hard to say i just ordered all the bolts for my bikes at once.

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 15:32 Quote
Took the Maadh out to Waterdown trails today it was total mayhem...Then it started to rain.....I think the only thing that was dry was a small spot in the middle of my back....I never seen that much rain...The trails were rivers.

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
Yeah, it was raining nuts up here.

  • Previous Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011030
Mobile Version of Website