The quick question thread for DJ/Street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The quick question thread for DJ/Street
Posted: May 9, 2009 at 1:53 Quote
gibson243 wrote:
Alright guys, here's one for you.. How do I make my hub louder, it's laced in my new axiom wheels and actually not loud enough for me.
Well if its brand new the only thing you can do if you realy want a louder one could be to buy a new hub,(hope pro2?) but if its quite old you could get it servised eg cleen the paws

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 9:30 Quote
anyone run hone cranks? i'm looking for something to replace my hussefelts, and am not going bmx cuz i'm most likely putting gears back on. anyone know of anything negative abut hone cranks?

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 9:59 Quote
whats the strongest axel that is 9mm and will aslo work with an azonic outlaw wheel

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 10:01 Quote
HAHAHAHAHA at your lame attempt at my thread.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 10:03 Quote
gary1 wrote:

its katols thread and iggz toild me this was a good one, is it any stronger then my azonic 9mm axel?

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=17049&category=160

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 10:49 Quote
gary1 wrote:
dont be ridiculous. its a good thread no matter if you did it firts, the other two got locked, so this is very helpful

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 13:21 Quote
sie7e wrote:
gary1 wrote:
dont be ridiculous. its a good thread no matter if you did it firts, the other two got locked, so this is very helpful
ya, this ones still alive and kicking. why dont you leave so this one doesnt get locked? thanks

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
erik74 wrote:
sie7e wrote:
gary1 wrote:
ya, this ones still alive and kicking. why dont you leave so this one doesnt get locked? thanks

You're blaming me for getting the other threads locked.... Right.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 13:25 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
its katols thread and iggz toild me this was a good one, is it any stronger then my azonic 9mm axel?

Oh, in that case...Rolleyes

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 13:28 Quote
TomW wrote:
gibson243 wrote:
Alright guys, here's one for you.. How do I make my hub louder, it's laced in my new axiom wheels and actually not loud enough for me.
Well if its brand new the only thing you can do if you realy want a louder one could be to buy a new hub,(hope pro2?) but if its quite old you could get it servised eg cleen the paws
Thinner lube... Take out the pawls and clean the grease off of everything. Like degreaser status. then put some oil in there (Or some very thin grease) and just enough to cover everything... the extra grease silences the pawls.
The other thing is to take the spring off and make it tighter if its a circle spring, or straighter if its the ones that fit under the pawls. That springs the pawls back harder.

Check it out. Click on Tech Corner, then article #82 "Click, click, click."

Or put a card in your wheel Big Grin

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 13:34 Quote
TomW wrote:
gibson243 wrote:
i wanna know, what is the advantage of louder hubs?

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
Mazekwon wrote:
TomW wrote:
gibson243 wrote:
i wanna know, what is the advantage of louder hubs?

There isn't.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
hahahah seriously?!? then why would you take apart your hub, clean it, remove the grease? regrease? re assemble. lose an hour (or two) of biking?

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 13:38 Quote
It takes literally 10 minutes clean and regrease a Pro 2.

Posted: May 9, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
Because you want it to sound good. Some people like loud clicky hubs, some like absolutely silent ones. I Happen to be a fan of both...
Silent for brakeless, sneaky at night so that I don't get heard by security, and loud for brakes, to hear how fast I'm going, and to let people at parks know that I'm coming Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.036831
Mobile Version of Website