Mount it and forget about it, a valuable resource!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Mount it and forget about it, a valuable resource!
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
roger-dodger wrote:
[Quoten]i blew my rebound and compression in my pike lol

i have some parts to list though:
juicy 7's
domain 318 IS
argyle 409
premium pedals
stylo cranks
gravity lite cranks
hadley hubs[/Quoten]
Theres been many broken 409 (bent)And gravity lite cranks i have seen broken a few times also.

Im not sure if the 07's came with CrMo steerers, but I have not seen an argyle 409 bent with an aluminum one. Thats not to say that it has not happened though.

Some other parts that I had not listed before:

Hadley hubs
Shimano XTR derailleur(pre 07) Used for 3 seasons for DH, crashed on several times, and still shifts like a dream
Mavic 721 for street and dirt use, with a good build

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 10:57 Quote
Its not the steer tubes i have seen bent its the stantions once and a while.
I have an arygle 318 with a cromo steer and i still trust it.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:03 Quote
More from me

Hadley Hubs
SRAM X.0 Gripshift
SRAM 991 Hollow-pin Chain
DMR V12 Mags / Ti Axels

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
- Galfer sintered metallic pads for my Hayes - turns mediocre into EPIC, they have more material on the pads so will last longer too!!!

- FSA headsets have always been fit and forget no hassle and cheap parts for me, namely the FSA Big-fat-Pig-DH 1.5r and FSA Pig-Pro-DH headsets.

- Also Bombshell Fat/Big daddy rims - cheaper than Ex729's and much more durable so far!

P.s. in reference to (EDIT) ' jeremygosse' recommending Domain 318IS forksThumbs Down Thumbs Down , I beg to differ, the rebound damping on mine has failed after 1 year of occasional use (as I had two bikes) and they now top out no matter what setting they're on - of course I can't show you a picture of this as proof though; but I can show you a picture of someones broken ones:
photo

EDIT: Would also strongly recommend that DMR v8 pedals be removed, I've personally ended up owning 3 pairs and 2 of my friends have themThumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down , every pair rattles after 1 month of use and needs new bearings because they crack when loose, and the paint doesn't last 2 seconds.

Also the bolts strip easily on ODI grips if you have to remove them more than twice, a good product if you do fit and forget it, but not if you ever have to take them off! I own 2 pairs so - Thumbs Down Thumbs Down

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:36 Quote
I never recommned the domain the other guy did so he gets the strike not me.
Jeremygosse.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
roger-dodger wrote:
Jeremy goose.
sorry mate, would also like to reinforce that the domain isn't fit and forget as the Maxle system comes loose easily and frequently needs checking = not fit and forget by any means!

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:38 Quote
roger-dodger wrote:
Jeremy goose.

yea dude i recommended them cuz i never had to do anything to mine and it still works mint after a year of riding Razz

ps. is it so hard to spell my last name? goSse

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:39 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
roger-dodger wrote:
Jeremy goose.
sorry mate, would also like to reinforce that the domain isn't fit and forget as the Maxle system comes loose easily and frequently needs checking = not fit and forget by any means!

i have NEVER had that problem, neither have 2 of my friends who own them...

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:42 Quote
jeremygosse wrote:
ctd07 wrote:
roger-dodger wrote:
Jeremy goose.

StevePrice wrote:
ive had two pikes and havent had a single problem, the only problem is with the maxel, the one on my new 426s likes to come undoneFrown

great thread, one too look at if im looking for new parts in the future tup
Its not for us to decide anyway, but I'm not the only one who has problems with Maxle!
EDIT: the problem is that the Maxle lever is very easily turned when knocked, after this it comes loose - Rockshox even warn in their fork's manuals against not touching/re-positioning the lever in anyway at all after tightening it as they are aware of this problem, I hate it when a mfr knowingly designs a product with problem and expects the consumer to just cater for it.Really Mad

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
More from me

Hadley Hubs
SRAM X.0 Gripshift

DMR V12 Mags / Ti Axels

Hollow pin chains = Thumbs Down

I broke mine within a month of purchase.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:50 Quote
eh-plus wrote:
Gaz6R4 wrote:
More from me

Hadley Hubs
SRAM X.0 Gripshift
DMR V12 Mags / Ti Axels

Hollow pin chains = Thumbs Down

I broke mine within a month of purchase.
in what u mean bro

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
jeremygosse wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

StevePrice wrote:
ive had two pikes and havent had a single problem, the only problem is with the maxel, the one on my new 426s likes to come undoneFrown

Its not for us to decide anyway, but I'm not the only one who has problems with Maxle!
EDIT: the problem is that the Maxle lever is very easily turned when knocked, after this it comes loose - Rockshox even warn in their fork's manuals against not touching/re-positioning the lever in anyway at all after tightening it as they are aware of this problem, I hate it when a mfr knowingly designs a product with problem and expects the consumer to just cater for it.Really Mad

Have YET to have any problems with my maxel. All of my friends maxels work fine to. I've yet to see one come loose. If it comes loose that easily, I think you have something set up wrong.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:52 Quote
chasefreeride37 wrote:
ctd07 wrote:
jeremygosse wrote:

StevePrice wrote:

Have YET to have any problems with my maxel. All of my friends maxels work fine to. I've yet to see one come loose. If it comes loose that easily, I think you have something set up wrong.
true dat

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
It comes loose easily if knocked, my local trails have a lot of shrubbery that brushes the forks, this has knocked the lever a few times and it therefore shortly afterwards comes undone, If you don't knock it, I don't expect it will come undone.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
i think the p2 should be here because if you do find a way to break it, it has the lifetime warranty. (i'm not sure if that counts...)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012966
Mobile Version of Website