How much effort do you put into editing your photos?

PB Forum :: Biking Photos
How much effort do you put into editing your photos?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 17, 2008 at 18:19 Quote
I'm just starting out with photography, so I'm curious as to how much time you spend with editing your photos before you show people. Right now I'm just messing around with brightness, contrast and saturation, trying to make my pics a bit more presentable.

So on average, how much behind-the-scenes work will you put into your photos?

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 13:56 Quote
I only spend a couple of minutes max per pic, but Ive got fairly baisic photo editing software so theres not a great deal that I can do.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 8:55 Quote
If i go to a race or comp. No time at all, it would be to hard to go through 500+ photos. but if i do a "photo shot" or something of that sort, i can spend well over a hour on photo shop for one photo, just to get it the way i want it.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 0:51 Quote
10 to 15 minutes...maybe even 20

i like to at least try to make my pictures very good looking

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 23:53 Quote
For me, it's 50-50. 50% is actually going out and taking the photo. 50% is also post processing on the computer. If I'm really picky and fine tune a lot, 30 minutes each photo.

I highly recommend Adobe Lightroom for photographers. It's not as advanced as Photoshop (not as expensive either), but it's easier to make fast adjustments.

Shooting in RAW format helps a ton too.

Posted: Aug 30, 2008 at 13:14 Quote
i've just started workin closely with riders in my area
onm gettin them out on the scene and pushing them to ride harder
get onto good sites and try and get into
mags
i edit pics for them all
so if anyone wants any pics editing
ille dti them for you
just message me telling me whats you want done for the pics

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 15:10 Quote
i use what i can, "Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006" very basic,

i don't have very advanced software, mostly it just adjusting contrast levels, color saturation, brightness, and noise--thats a big one for me because i'm still trying to get a feel for the right combo of shutter speed, aperture, and ISO for different lighting situations, so in short, i spend as much as 15 minutes trying to edit my worst photos, because brightening can make contrast levels low depending on how much you brighten it up

i like Nate's approach to it though, 50%-50% is a good place to start,

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 at 11:57 Quote
I spend about 20min to 1hour editing a photo, but it really depends what kinda of project you are doing

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
I do as much as is needed, so usually just changing the levels and exposure a bit.

Posted: Apr 13, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
depends on the photos what its going to be used for and what I feel like. Standard stuff takes about 5-10 mins per photo, but I can spend up to 4 hours editing a shot a times, depends on what kinda tweaks i make. but thats full on editing, which can be seen as rebuilding an image, but thats only if needs be. sports stuff on average id say bout 10 minsssss give or take a few. I use Adobe Photoshop CS3, also I shoot in RAW.

Posted: Jun 3, 2009 at 1:17 Quote
Spending about 2 minutes as per one photo by using photoshop as follow:

1 step - Auto Level or Curve for WB and BR

2 step - sharpen

3. step - Resizing

4. step - Upload

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 at 14:15 Quote
I just usually spend about between 30 minutes to an hour editing a set of about 5 depending on where they're going. If I want them to be a bit of arty then more time is spent but if they're for posting on blogs then I spend about 5 minutes on each Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
gimp is annother great free pchop software.

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 at 9:54 Quote
Heyy guys I no it's a bit off topic but I was just wondering why does it help to shoot in RAW??

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 at 10:56 Quote
Joeledz wrote:
Heyy guys I no it's a bit off topic but I was just wondering why does it help to shoot in RAW??

You get more control over how you can fix a pic with f*cked up exposure.

I put as little effort as possible in. If you rely on processing to get a good shot, you're doing it wrong.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028608
Mobile Version of Website