Powered by Outside

Lettus needs a new frame...VERY specific needs. (Now general frame talk)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Lettus needs a new frame...VERY specific needs. (Now general frame talk)
Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
Oooh the dirt bike looks pretty nice, although a bit pricey.($500 from my LBS) They have some in stock at trans so I may swing over there this week to check them out. I also got an email back from solid...

bigquotesHey,We can't fully heattreat frames, but do the dropouts. We don't do the headtube, but have never had a problem in the past. We only have the dropouts we use on thenew AA frame, which don't cover the driver. Otherthan that we should be able to do everything else.Let me know when your ready if you're still interested,Aaron.

The drop outs on the AA frame are pretty tiny, so I'm not sure if I'll get the custom built.

I'm still leaning towards the Ruben frame. Possibly the Barcode frame. I like them because they're beefy, especially in the rear triangle where I need it.

I can't believe how big this thread got in a couple of days haha...
It's because we care about you....

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 11:23 Quote
yep, nobody wants lettus cleansing his colon on the back tire when his back triangle snaps tup

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 11:24 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
yep, nobody wants lettus cleansing his colon on the back tire when his back triangle snaps tup
It would make a good video though.

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 11:25 Quote
So what your saying is you won't buy a frame if it meets all those needs except it has an intergrated seat-clamp. Lame.

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 11:35 Quote
Holy f*ck. Make up your f*cking mind on a frame already.

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 12:06 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
I don't like the idea of a guard. The only one around is th coalition one which I've heard countless stories of it bending too easily. I can't mod an FBM because I hav a 10t instead of a 9t. I'd rather just get a dropout that's a teeny bit bigger than the one on my Gary Young frame, as it's just a bit too small to cover the chain...

The Mutiny frame looked perfect...Until I noticed the 13.5" Chainstays. Too small of a rear end for me. I should have said at least 13.75" stays, but I didn't think there would be anyframes with such a short rear end that fits what I want.

I'm still hoping there's clearance on the Ruben frame though...Still waiting for that email from T-1.

I know I'm being awefully picky, but If I'm dropping a few hundred on a frame, I don't want to settle too much.

its 13.5 slammed, you dont have to run it slammed Razz

I don't see why you want spanish BB, mids are stronger

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 12:13 Quote
I dount I'd snap the rear triangle, but mine is pretty bent.
Yes it would make good video.
I've pretty much decided on the Ruben/barcode frame after all is said and done. It's just fun frame talk now.
Integrated seat clamps are stupid and ugly and I will never stoop that low. SOSPC!!
My bike has 13.75 cs and is UNslammed and my feet bairly clear, so 13.5 wont really clear.
Spanish because I already have one that's lasted over 2 years so strength isn't an issue.

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
Care to elaborate on the SOSPC?

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
tvsucksrideyourbike wrote:
Save Our Seat Post Clamps!

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
gregarious wrote:

Ha, that's class. Are you against pivitol seat/posts as well Razz

Posted: Aug 22, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
gregarious wrote:

Ha, that's class. Are you against pivitol seat/posts as well Razz

Nope, not really.

photo

Although I may want to switch to rails so I can put my seat exactly where I want it. That and it looks cooler.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 11:30 Quote
What about an FBM? Transition carries them so you wouldn't have to do mailorder or anything and I'm sure they can take the abuse of your haggard grinds Razz . All FBM models can come with a 21 inch toptube, have an integrated headset, weigh from 5 pounds to 5.4 pounds and don't have an integrated seatclamp. Unfortunately none come in blue and they have mid bottom brackets but I'm sure you'd be happy with one anyways.

http://fbmbmx.com/products/frames/allFrames.php

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
FBMs are damn expensive, $500 is a little much for a college student. 90% chance I'm getting a Ruben frame though since I can get one in for cheaper. Not til December or January though. Frown

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
Assuming you would be alright with a longer back end (14.25) I'd recommend looking at the Fit 'The Van'(you know, the homan frame).

Sounds like your style.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 21:09 Quote
Aaron-J wrote:
Assuming you would be alright with a longer back end (14.25) I'd recommend looking at the Fit 'The Van'(you know, the homan frame).

Sounds like your style.

i beleive the van is 13.75 slammed though, isnt it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025427
Mobile Version of Website