Lettus needs a new frame...VERY specific needs. (Now general frame talk)

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Lettus needs a new frame...VERY specific needs. (Now general frame talk)
Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 21:12 Quote
On the 20.5 version. The longer frames get a longer back end. The Edwin frame is the same.
A lot of companies used to do it that way, but its become less common these days.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
Aaron-J wrote:
On the 20.5 version. The longer frames get a longer back end. The Edwin frame is the same.
A lot of companies used to do it that way, but its become less common these days.

ok, cause i rode a kids and it felt like it was alot shorter than 14.25.

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
i'm bumping this thread back up because it was simply one fo the best threads in a looong time.

does any one know where you can still get older sunday frames?

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
I was thinking of getting a Van frame. Still a possibility if I can't get the Ruben.

Edit: No, sorry Drew. You would probably have to go used. Scour ebay or something?

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 18:04 Quote
yeah drew your best bet is ebay, or craigslist, check in any bmx website, post in the wanted sections like on vitalbmx, or the comeup

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
How the hell did I not see this frame?

http://www.albes.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1781

It ain't blue, but that's what paints for. I like it more than the Ruben, just as well cause I can't find a 21" Ruben frame anywhere besides American Cycle...I refuse to deal with them after the bar incident.

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
Dropouts don't look that much bigger than those of a Sunday.

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 21:41 Quote
Yeah, but the dropouts are higher up for the chain better clear the brakes. And every little bit helps. My frame is about 5mm too small. Not to mention it's got CHAINSTAY GRIND PLATES!!!tup

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 at 22:05 Quote
I read through the thread and i saw a couple of times you said that you didn't want a sunday, but i personally just think you should get a 2nd wave, Great geo, impossible to dent the dt where most dents happen commonly, light, Strong, Looks good, Dropouts are nicely sized. Just my opinion so please don't flame.

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
Kraftdinner wrote:
I read through the thread and i saw a couple of times you said that you didn't want a sunday, but i personally just think you should get a 2nd wave, Great geo, impossible to dent the dt where most dents happen commonly, light, Strong, Looks good, Dropouts are nicely sized. Just my opinion so please don't flame.
betcha i could dent the down tube

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
fitlife wrote:
Kraftdinner wrote:
betcha i could dent the down tube

My hucker friend landed right on a ledge with his. No dent. They're burly.

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
i bet fitlife couldn't dent it with an axe...

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 21:24 Quote
ron-burgundy wrote:
OOOOHH, you got me. you supply the frame ill give it my best shot... but knowing me im pretty weak soo ya never know you might be right

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 21:26 Quote
ron-burgundy wrote:

Is that a challenge?

Razz

Posted: Aug 29, 2008 at 21:28 Quote
it is if he ships me one of their frames

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023132
Mobile Version of Website