Need Help with BMX hubs

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Need Help with BMX hubs
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 10:37 Quote
i'm buying a new back wheel and i was going to get the shadow conspiracy rant v2 hub, but now my lbs says the supplier is out of stock and they have a demoliton ashley hub for me, it is about 20 dollars cheeper then the shadow hub. but i'm not sure if this demolition hub is good, has anyone every ridden it, how loud is it, does it have a solid feel how long did it last you? please i need help before i put out money on it! if it helps i do street and park riding, no dj or flatland. ALSO FOR YOU PEOPLE THAT HAVENT REALIZED THIS IS FOR BMX.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 10:40 Quote
im getting demolition hubs on my next wheel set...they are amazing hubs. hands down prolly the best ive ever ridden on. right now im running a macneil cassette and i really wish i had the demolition instead...so id say get it...plus its cheaper than the shadow hub so...cheaper is always the way to go especially when ur getting a far better product

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
definitly get it, im sure it will last...

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
they look pretty good, the guard is cool.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 13:28 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
i know the guard on the mary kate front hub sucks

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 13:31 Quote
juan0724 wrote:
drewfunk wrote:
i know the guard on the mary kate front hub sucks

why does the guard suk?

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
The Rant V2 is out of production I should think, since the V3 is coming out, with a different name(Raptor, or some shit).

You could get the WeThePeople Q-Lite/Supreme hub, which is the same design just with credit where credit is due.

A buddy of mine just picked up an Ashley hub. He prefers louder hubs, but has no complaints otherwise. I'm not a huge fan of the one sided reversed thread on the nut, but I dunno if they did that on the Ashley hub. It just makes getting replacement nuts a pain if anything goes wrong.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
Aaron-J wrote:
The Rant V2 is out of production I should think, since the V3 is coming out, with a different name(Raptor, or some shit).

You could get the WeThePeople Q-Lite/Supreme hub, which is the same design just with credit where credit is due.

A buddy of mine just picked up an Ashley hub. He prefers louder hubs, but has no complaints otherwise. I'm not a huge fan of the one sided reversed thread on the nut, but I dunno if they did that on the Ashley hub. It just makes getting replacement nuts a pain if anything goes wrong.
yeah they did do that reverse thing, so i think i'm going to try and get some spare bolts and stuff ordered in just in case if i lose anything i can ride right away, but i am pretty much stuck with this hub, its the only 9t hub that i can get right away, because i dont want to wait any longer for my lbs to order a different hub in., how loud is the ashley hub compared to the wtp supreme? beacause i also like loud hubs.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
i have a broken foot so someone buy my bike

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 17:50 Quote
^ Thanks for the contribution.

The Ashley isn't quiet by any means. However, we both came off of the WTP Q-lite hubs, which are very loud, so pretty much any other hub seems quiet in comparison.

I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 17:54 Quote
Aaron-J wrote:
^ Thanks for the contribution.

The Ashley isn't quiet by any means. However, we both came off of the WTP Q-lite hubs, which are very loud, so pretty much any other hub seems quiet in comparison.

I don't think you'd be disappointed.
thnx so much for your help man, do you think the ashley is louder then the rantv2?

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
Probably not. The Rant V2 was the same hub as the WTP Supreme(Q-Lite).

Rumour has it Shadow lost the production rights when they didn't give Q-Lite credit for the design, and instead tried to pass it off as their own.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017092
Mobile Version of Website