Post your Devinci Wilson

PB Forum :: Devinci
Post your Devinci Wilson
Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 14:49 Quote
jonasdh wrote:
bouj wrote:
Loki87 wrote:

I´ve modified the clevis mount to fit my DVO Jade. Just takes a file and some patience. Depending on measurements it might work for the RC4 as well.
So far the only ones i´ve found that fit without modification are the standard Vivids, the Fox DHX2 and Float and the Öhlins (not sure if it requires the Demo version though).

Would be cool if we could get a little damper info going around here, so others can easily check what works and what doesn´t Salute

Yeah I was planning on modifying it but hadn't gotten around to it yet. As far as fitment goes I have a good collection of shocks that I can check when I get the chance.

after think twice i take a file and it works, i was worried about break it but for now looks ok

Just make sure the clevis mount still manages to hold on tight to the damper eyelet. Mine wasn´t very precisely machined and no matter how hard i tightened the bolt, there was still some play in there. Two 0.1mm washers did the trick though and now everything is tight.
Having play in that connection will f*ck up your shock, so make sure it´s still tight and without any play after filing it down.

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 14:51 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
photo
photo
Let me know if you want a build list or something. I removed the x2 that i had on the bike as it rode like poo

Coil is the only way to go on that bike imho.
That rear end works way too good to be sabotaged by an air shock.

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 15:23 Quote
photo

Got inspired to take a picture of mine as well. It´s already dark outside, so crappy indoor picture it is.
One of my cats wanted to be in the photo though, so that´s a bonus Wink
Broke the back wheel on a double in Saalbach so for now it´s got mismatched wheels. Maybe some day i´ll get a matching black rim for the front. For know this still works fine though.

Parts:
X-Large 2017 frame
DVO Jade + Nukeproof SL-Spring
Boxxer (coil) + FAST suspension upgraded cartridge
Magura MT7
Sram X01DH
Magic Mary front and rear
Cushcore in the back, Schwalbe ProCore front

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 15:28 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
photo

Got inspired to take a picture of mine as well. It´s already dark outside, so crappy indoor picture it is.
Broke the back wheel on a double in Saalbach so for now it´s got mismatched wheels. Maybe some day i´ll get a matching black rim for the front. For know this still works fine though.

Parts:
X-Large 2017 frame
Magura MT7
Sram X01DH

Very clean build. Mismatched rims would drive me nuts though. Cushcore works wonders though. 100% worth it

Posted: Apr 15, 2020 at 15:39 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
Loki87 wrote:
photo

Parts:
X-Large 2017 frame
Magura MT7
Sram X01DH

Very clean build. Mismatched rims would drive me nuts though. Cushcore works wonders though. 100% worth it

Haha yeah, but then i think i´m gonna destroy the rim sooner or later anyways, so it´s just money down the drain buying one right now.
You actually don´t notice it as much in person though, pictures make it seem much worse than it is. I started to kinda like it. Makes it look a little like one of those fancy new mullet bikes because the back seems just a tiny bit smaller Wink

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 11:30 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
MTBrandonLee wrote:
photo
photo
Let me know if you want a build list or something. I removed the x2 that i had on the bike as it rode like poo

Coil is the only way to go on that bike imho.
That rear end works way too good to be sabotaged by an air shock.

i tried the vivid r2c air and liked it, cant put a lot of runs on it and have a air leak but i´m undecided betwenn the fox rc4 and the vivid. the vivid coil is good but mine have a strange felling when he return to the initial stroke.
ps: sorry the english

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
jonasdh wrote:
bouj wrote:

Yeah I was planning on modifying it but hadn't gotten around to it yet. As far as fitment goes I have a good collection of shocks that I can check when I get the chance.

after think twice i take a file and it works, i was worried about break it but for now looks ok

Just make sure the clevis mount still manages to hold on tight to the damper eyelet. Mine wasn´t very precisely machined and no matter how hard i tightened the bolt, there was still some play in there. Two 0.1mm washers did the trick though and now everything is tight.
Having play in that connection will f*ck up your shock, so make sure it´s still tight and without any play after filing it down.

mine wanst perfect, but no play, in fact the vivid (original one) had some play and the rc4 no

photo
photo

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 14:31 Quote
photo

So after posting i got a little annoyed with the mismatched front wheel, went to the shop, bought some paint stripper and went to town on the front rim.
Was a bit of a mess but worked like a treat. Finally i got matching wheels again!

Posted: Apr 18, 2020 at 16:10 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
photo

So after posting i got a little annoyed with the mismatched front wheel, went to the shop, bought some paint stripper and went to town on the front rim.
Was a bit of a mess but worked like a treat. Finally i got matching wheels again!

Looks Flipping great man! Mismatched wheels bothers me to an absurd amount

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 16:28 Quote
ClickG wrote:
I'm 6'1" and ride an XL with a 25mm spacer on steerer, since without it, the bike feels too short
Nonsmoker wrote:
Thinking of getting a Wilson. I am 6 feet tall, does anyone have an opinion if a medium or large frame would be a better fit?
I am 5 11 would I be best with a large or a medium thanks

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 16:37 Quote
liamadam1 wrote:
ClickG wrote:
I'm 6'1" and ride an XL with a 25mm spacer on steerer, since without it, the bike feels too short
Nonsmoker wrote:
Thinking of getting a Wilson. I am 6 feet tall, does anyone have an opinion if a medium or large frame would be a better fit?

I'm about 5"11" riding a Large, The wilsons seem to have a shorter reach compared to other dh bikes

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 16:43 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:
liamadam1 wrote:
ClickG wrote:

I'm about 5"11" riding a Large, The wilsons seem to have a shorter reach compared to other dh bikes
thank you when I looked at the size guide on there website it says at 5 11 I am at the max for a medium but everyone seems to say they are a small cockpit Thanks very much for the help

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 17:09 Quote
liamadam1 wrote:
MTBrandonLee wrote:
liamadam1 wrote:

thank you when I looked at the size guide on there website it says at 5 11 I am at the max for a medium but everyone seems to say they are a small cockpit Thanks very much for the help

For what it´s worth, i´m your height and on an XL with a 55mm stem. Fits very well, but longer wouldn´t hurt. It´s really a rather short bike with exceptional handling. You will only notice the positive aspects of the increased reach/wheelbase. Don´t go any smaller than a Large. Even a large will be on the small side by todays standards.

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 17:16 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
liamadam1 wrote:
MTBrandonLee wrote:

the model I was looking at was 2017 the guy says he’s 6 foot and fits him fine but I was questioning it from the start lol he did try and say it was a long bike lol

For what it´s worth, i´m your height and on an XL with a 55mm stem. Fits very well, but longer wouldn´t hurt. It´s really a rather short bike with exceptional handling. You will only notice the positive aspects of the increased reach/wheelbase. Don´t go any smaller than a Large. Even a large will be on the small side by todays standards.

Posted: Apr 23, 2020 at 17:31 Quote
I’m 5’ 10 bought a medium and wish I went with a large.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025464
Mobile Version of Website