Powered by Outside

Marzocchi all mountain fork how much abuse can it take

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Marzocchi all mountain fork how much abuse can it take
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 10:36 Quote
im looking for a freeride fork and i dont have alot of money for one but i was also thinking a rock shox domain

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 10:51 Quote
rock shox domain are realy sick my buddy has one and loves it with u-turn 115mm to 160 mm so he can dj it and freeride it, its realy smooth too, i have a marzocchi 55r and its pretty sick it has handeled everything iv thrown at it so far for big bails, 360's to flat landing riping down a-line, its not as smooth as the domain and slightly heavier though

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 10:52 Quote
Marzocchi had a lot of quality issues with '08 and a LOT of forks went in for repair. So RockShox would be a better bet IMO at the moment.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 10:55 Quote
its a 2007 marzocchi all mountain fork theres the 1 2 3 and the sl one with travel adjust which one is better

for the domain its the 2008 318 one

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 10:55 Quote
I ride a all mountain 3, i race dowhill so it takes alot of abuse. So far all i have had is one broken seal that is pretty minor, so i imagine if you wanted and of the all mountain forks they would be fine!

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 16:30 Quote
what do you guys think of the marzocchi DJ 3 for freeride? sucks from waht ive heard

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
its a 2007 marzocchi all mountain fork theres the 1 2 3 and the sl one with travel adjust which one is better

for the domain its the 2008 318 one
i have the sl1 and i do freeride and stuff on it, i has held up really well (i do max 8 foot drops and ride the shore and whistler whenever i can) it is super plush but the last inch of travel is super stiff so it hardly ever bottoms out.
edit: the travel adjust is a pain in the ass, it winds it's self down, rap an alastic around it if you want to run it at full travel. also my lockout stoped working a little while ago, no big deal cuz i don't use it but i am going to ask the guys at the shop about it when i am there next.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
If it's a Marzocchi, It's a no.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 16:49 Quote
I got marzocchi all mountain 2, 150mm, have neither eta nor tas, it`s simple as hell, you pumping it a little, feels super soft and ready for single track, when stiffer you can do jumping and shit.

The only pain in the ass is rumblig noise which i can`t get rid off. Pretty annoing.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008339
Mobile Version of Website