Summer Accomplishments

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Summer Accomplishments
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
The summer is sadly over, which means less riding. I made this thread on the old Pinkbike and it had recieved some good feedback, so I figured I would make it again this year. What did the Pinkbike bmx community accomplish this year? Post whatever you did this summer that you are proud of, whether it be a trick, gap, or competing in your first race.

This summer I learnt alot, but I am most proud of learning 360's. I've almost got hop 3's as well. I went alot bigger this year, doing some pretty big 180's and gap's but just generally becoming pretty smooth at riding. I aslo learnt a plethora of other, smaller, tricks. There is still more I want to tackle before the sky start's to spew snow such as a roof drop (watch out drewfunk!), 360 this big gap, and some big wallrides, but it will be tough to find time. Well, enough about me, what did you learn this summer?

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 16:27 Quote
This summer huumm....at the beginning of the summer i basically really started to accomplish more things. I have been riding for about half a year. I've learned 180's taboggons tuck no handers try 360's disasters tire taps ect and go bigger off jumps

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 16:45 Quote
I started just 2 weeks in to summer and I learned barspins, footjam endos, footjam tailwhips, manuals, and 1 foot bunnyhops, fakies, rollbacks...

the schoolyear means more riding for me. In the summer here in missourri it's ussually a heat index of over a hundred everyday plus a really high humidity level.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
Um, i did lots of big gaps and jumped off lots of rooves! I still have till the 22nd of September till classes at the college start, so i'm not quite done summer yet Wink

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
Um, i did lots of big gaps and jumped off lots of rooves! I still have till the 22nd of September till classes at the college start, so i'm not quite done summer yet Wink

How old are you?

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:21 Quote
eateli wrote:
drewfunk wrote:

How old are you?

You are 16, goin on 17, baby, your on the brink...

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
i got mexi cans down

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:24 Quote
This has bee a good summer for me
I learned,
tuck no handers
turndowns
tiregrabs
can can
barspin
360's
540's
inverted tables
footjams
one footers
tobaggins
how to bost properly
and thats all i learned im pretty sure

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
I accomplished nothing, ruined my rear hub at the end of the school year, and haven't had the money to fix the bike, or really the time to ride. New rear wheel as soon as the GF can afford it (my birthday present). I've spent more time working on other people's bikes this summer than my own. That's okay, riding season is just starting for me, temperature is cooling off and rain is wetting down the jumps.

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:27 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
eateli wrote:
drewfunk wrote:

How old are you?

How are u in college then?!

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 17:29 Quote
hahaha.well i pretty much trashed my bike right before summer in a bad crash,went to europe,came back,watched alot of drop in and finally just got my bike fixed a couple of days ago cause i dont have a job,pretty succesful summer i think lol

Posted: Aug 31, 2008 at 23:00 Quote
TheBigTuna14 wrote:
drewfunk wrote:
eateli wrote:

How old are you?

How are u in college then?!
I'm just cool that way...

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 0:05 Quote
I have Learnt tailwhips , 360's and to air higher

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 2:17 Quote
My accomplishments this summer?

Buy a BMX. Ride around like a dick all day looking like a penis because I couldn't do anything. Learn bunnyhops. Learn manuals (sorta). Get 90degrees of a 180.

That's about it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021541
Mobile Version of Website