Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Other Fork Brands (less known, higher performing)
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
They're a little different sure... but for the most part, same fork.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
ha, I'm actually gonna support Wetmeat here as I am the proud owner of some 2003 Vanilla 125 r's, the travel is 125-80mm easily adjustable, they have Eastoon alloy steerers and stanchions, not sure about the lowers but they are probably cast mag-alloy, the 2004 Vanilla/float/talas had 100-130 adustable travel (the only difference between float and vanillas is the spring medium, the talas is the same too but with externally adjustable travel).

the x-fusions are similar looking, but the lowers and crowns are definitely not the same as there are subtle differences, the fox crowns aren't angled at the bottom of where they join to the stanchions and the lowers have slightly different shaped drop-outs.

The fox vanilla 32's make excellent dj forks though, even if you buy some '03 model for £100 they will far out perform any newer budget forks!

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
i dont even remember asking if they were similar in the first place. velvet is cheaper, and less heard of, and higer performing, and thats what the thread title is, right? everybody knows about vanillas.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
They are definitely not higher performing and break pretty easily Blank Stare

i meant its a higeher performing fork ingeneral, not higer performing compared to vanilla

igz- wrote:
whered you find that out

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
A few of my friends have Velvets.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
Ian-Hill wrote:
igz- wrote:
whered you find that out
and if it broke easilly on a street/park bike then there should be no judgement whatsoever on how easilly they break.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 15:35 Quote
And why is that?

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 15:37 Quote
thats not what theyre made for. i would love a velvet on my riot... and i probably will. but im running the risk of breaking it easirer by doing a rougher style of riding (nose cases, overshooting, bailing/ect).

so were they on a dj/park bike where they broke?

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
neilv wrote:
i think white brothers in coming back into the game.

and there is a japanese company. i doint know the name. koos? woos? something like that. but they are supossed to be really nice. pinkbike did a review on them.

i was thinking of getting some white brothers, but i just dont know if they r better then what i have becuase no one that i ride with or know has any. anybody have any info on 'em?

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 15:43 Quote
levigardiner wrote:
neilv wrote:
i think white brothers in coming back into the game.

and there is a japanese company. i doint know the name. koos? woos? something like that. but they are supossed to be really nice. pinkbike did a review on them.

i was thinking of getting some white brothers, but i just dont know if they r better then what i have becuase no one that i ride with or know has any. anybody have any info on 'em?

from what I've heard there forks don't perform any better then a rockshox, Marzocchi, Fox. probably better to just stick with the big 3. what white brothers were you look at though?

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
Ian-Hill wrote:
oh oops. i looked at the wrong fork on theyre website. ya the only specs i could find on an old fox (05) was that they are 4.6 lbs. and bottom line is that they are different.
You're comparing a coil fork to an air fork. Compare it to the Float, then we'll talk

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
bottom line is i dont even remember asking if it was similar to an older vanilla. your getting off topic. this thread is about un heard of forks. x fusion is sick and nobody really knows about them. its not a X FUSION VELVET v.s. OLDER (05-06) FOX VANILLA

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 16:00 Quote
Ian-Hill wrote:
bottom line is i dont even remember asking if it was similar to an older vanilla. your getting off topic. this thread is about un heard of forks. x fusion is sick and nobody really knows about them. its not a X FUSION VELVET v.s. OLDER (05-06) FOX VANILLA
Let's look back and see who started it? I was referring to the Coil velvet (obviously) when I said they were essentially the same. But you're right in this one aspect, let's drop it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021004
Mobile Version of Website