Pinkbike BMX Trick HowTo Guide

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Pinkbike BMX Trick HowTo Guide
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:24 Quote
I thought it would be cool to put together a Pinkbike BMX trick howto guide because I need to know how to do a few tricks and Im sure some of you do too.

So if you could write up a quick howto for a trick not listed, that would be sweet. Just send it to me in a message including difficulty level(Beginner, Intermediate, or Expert) and wether its for Dirt, Street, Flatland, Park, or all and I will post it up. Tricks will be listed in alphabetical order under their difficulty level. Vids and Pics help. But please post links for vids or the page will load slow.

Suggestions are welcome for difficulty levels and such. Also feel free to send me additions to certain trick howtos and I will consider adding it. You can also request a Howto in a reply. Ive added a few needed to be filled already.

Thanks,
Zach.

Beginner

180- (Flatland, Park, Street, Dirt) I find it helps to do a bit of a g-turn before hand to start the spin, then pull like your going to do a bunnyhop but instead of looking foreward, try and look over your shoulder and keep looking until you've spun around. -fubar and ride-your-bike
Views: 1,673    Faves: 0    Comments: 1

Abubaca- (Park) ride up to the quartepipe with enough speed to get on the coping lock brakes, hop back in fakie, very simple. -fitlife

Abubaca on curb- (flatland/street) hop, lean back, lock brakes, hop back and ride away fakie, it just takes a couple tries, theyre pretty easy though. -fitlife
Views: 1,029    Faves: 0    Comments: 3

Barspin-

Bunnyhop- (Flatland, Street, Park, Dirt) Crouch down then pull up on your bars to get the front up and then push forward (not down) on the bars and pull up on the pedals to bring the rear up. -TheBigTuna14

Endo/Stoppie-

Footjam Endo- (Flatland, Park, Street) Take your preffered foot and jam it onto your front tire right behind your forks while traveling at a little bit slower than medium pace. Lean forward and acheive a 50 degree angle with the ground. Then take your foot out to drop back down. For extra difficulty try holding it as long as you can, do it 1 handed, or no handed. After you learn it on flat, you can take it to quarter pipes, banks, and etc. -TheBigTuna14
photo

Footjam Nosepick- (Street/Flatland/Park) ride up ramps with just enough speed to make it to the top and not air out. hop 90 degreese and then put your foot(what ever feels best i ride right foot forward and use that one) inbetween the fork and the wheel. stall. hop 90 degreese back into the transition and roll away. -bartha

Fakie-

Fufanu-

Manual- (Flatland, Street, Park, Dirt) Just pull back and get the front wheel up in the air, then keep my weight low over the back of the bike, if the front wheel gets to high, then lean foreward A BIT or tap the brake LIGHTLY, if the front wheel gets to low, lean back. -fubar

Rollback-

X-up-

Intermediate

360-

Bunnyhop Barspin- (Flatland/Street) To bar spin, What you have to do is try it on grass first. What you do is you want to hop a high as you can and straiten your legs and lean back do that a couple of times to get the feeling of it.then once you get the feeling of that try and do a bunny hop like prettywell xup but you just need to get your bars past your leg without hitting it. once you get that motion then stand onver your bike and pull your front end up and pinch your seat and just spin the bars around once you get that motion you pretty well comit. you wont get this trick in one day it could take a week or you might just understand it and get it ina day. but what you do its you ride slowly on grass and then hop as high as you can straiten youy legs and lean back abit and wait untill your about lever then whip the bars and try to catch them. You might catch the bars when your bike is on the ground but thats okay. -dirtjumperkid18

Footjam Tailwhip- (Flatland, Park, Street) I start out by doing a footjam endo, but instead of my foreward foot(my right foot) on the right side, i cross it over the TT and jam in on the LH side. then with my left foot still on the pedal, i use it to push the frame around. then when the frame comes around catch it with your left foot, stand on it, and pull your foot out from the wheel and put it on the pedal, followed by your non-foreward foot you used to push the bike. kinda hard to explain, but keep your weight foreward. -fubar and ride-your-bike
Views: 2,263    Faves: 4    Comments: 2

Hop Footjam Tailwhip- (Park, Street, Flatland) Not much to it, just weeks of practise. Hop into while kicking with your back foot, once your front foot is locked make a draw a circle in the direction the bikes going with your back foot. Keep your eye on your pedals the whole time and grab pedals. -nickwhite
Views: 1,007    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Manual Barspin- (Flatland/Street) pinch your seat manual a little and spin your bars fast. -tacobell123

Tabletop-

Toboggan

Turndown

Slider-

Expert

540- (Flatland, Street, Park, Dirt) Once your dialed at 360s, then its time to move onto 540s!
Its the same idea by looking around, but now you have to seriously look over your shoulders...
like as soon as you leave the lip, look around your shoulder as if your an owl...
and you have to be going pretty fast for 540s, so get used to dropping in the bowl at a fast pace, and doing 360s high (like a good couple of feet). Heres a tip one of my moutainbiking friends told me to try when learning 540s. Get off the bike, and stand on your feet. Then jump a whole 540 and then get on your bike, drop in the bowl, and when you go out to spin, you know how hard you need to spin...it sounds really stupid, but try it. -adonis

No Hander-

Tailwhip-

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:26 Quote
what tricks do you want?

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:29 Quote
--fubar-- wrote:
what tricks do you want?
Whatever you know. I'll add any and all.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
this will be a big help good idea

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
TheBigTuna14 wrote:

Beginner

180-

Bunnyhop-

Footjam Endo-

Manual-

Intermediate

360-

Footjam Tailwhip-

Expert

540-

No Hander-

Tailwhip-

tell us how to do these

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
im not going to post al of them, I left them there as ideas. You can put whatever you want. I cant do all of them, but I filled in footjam endo. I need you to help me. Just send me a message with whatever trick howto you want.

PS. I would like to know how to Abubaca.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:40 Quote
ride-your-bike wrote:
TheBigTuna14 wrote:

Beginner

180-

Bunnyhop-

Footjam Endo-

Manual-

Intermediate

360-

Footjam Tailwhip-

Expert

540-

No Hander-

Tailwhip-

tell us how to do these

uhh, ok this is how i do them..for 180's i find it helps to do a bit of a g-turn before hand to start the spin, then pull like your going to do a bunnyhop but instead of looking foreward, try and look over your shoulder and keep looking until you've spun around.

i cant really explain how to b-hop..just do it!

for footjam endos, just place your foreward foot into your fork(between the crown and the tire) and keep your weight a bit foreward and the back tire should lift up off the ground, then lean back and put your foot back on your pedal

manuals, i just pull back and get the front wheel up in the air, then keep my weight low over the back of the bike, if the front wheel gets to high, then lean foreward A BIT or tap the brake LIGHTLY, if the front wheel gets to low, lean back.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:44 Quote
for footjam whips, i start out by doing a footjam endo, but instead of my foreward foot(my right foot) on the right side, i cross it over the TT and jam in on the LH side. then with my left foot still on the pedal, i use it to push the frame around. then when the frame comes around, pull your foot out from the wheel and put it on the pedal, followed by your non-foreward foot you used to push the bike. kinda hard to explain, but keep your weight foreward

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:49 Quote
Thanks fubar, I added them. But next time please send them to me in a message because in this thread its going to be hard to find at times and might not get added.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
for 180's just hop and turn your body and head where u want to go.
heres a vid of mine, sorry for shitty quality

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 11:59 Quote
ride-your-bike wrote:
for 180's just hop and turn your body and head where u want to go.
heres a vid of mine, sorry for shitty quality
thanks, if you just give me the video # its easier though.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 12:09 Quote
That foot jam whip was bogus. There alot harder to do when their done properly.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 12:11 Quote
nickwhite wrote:
That foot jam whip was bogus. There alot harder to do when their done properly.
Well then show us how they're done properly...

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 13:09 Quote
hahaha i like how brakeless was added in for the 180, cuz ya know that matters so much... for an abubaca ride up to the quartepipe with enough speed to get on the coping lock brakes, hop back in fakie, very simple. and for te footjam, try hopping in instead.

Posted: Sep 1, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
fitlife wrote:
hahaha i like how brakeless was added in for the 180, cuz ya know that matters so much... for an abubaca ride up to the quartepipe with enough speed to get on the coping lock brakes, hop back in fakie, very simple. and for te footjam, try hopping in instead.
What about on a curb? I don't have a skatepark around here.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014844
Mobile Version of Website