Rocky Mountain Slayer sxc vs. Devinici Hectik

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Rocky Mountain Slayer sxc vs. Devinici Hectik
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 17:08 Quote
I want a bike that can take a beating but is able to pedal up hills. Also how do the bikes compare to each other.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 22:15 Quote
haven't ridden the devinci, but the rocky is insane. very tough, climbable, great descender. i've ridden several at demos and from our shop, and can say that i'll definitely (finally) be riding one next year.

Posted: Sep 10, 2008 at 22:40 Quote
i would vote for the Slayer its an epic biketup

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 11:28 Quote
I would go Devinci for the Slacker Head Tube angle, Horst Link Suspension and good bang for the buck.

The 09 rocky gets a copy of the Horst Link but avoids the Specialized patent by having the pivot 5mm above the rear axle. Would be interesting to see how much that effects the wheel path...

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 11:55 Quote
I know you didn't ask for other bikes but I'll suggest you should at least look at a Giant Reign or Reign X.

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
fsrxc60 wrote:
I know you didn't ask for other bikes but I'll suggest you should at least look at a Giant Reign or Reign X.
+1
but out fo the 2 id get a slayer

Posted: Sep 12, 2008 at 7:04 Quote
slayer all the way, i ride mine like my hair is on fire and the slayer asks, "is that all you got?", plus im 200lbs, so you know im not all that delicate on my gear

Posted: Sep 12, 2008 at 7:16 Quote
I haven't rode the slayer but I do own a '07 hectik 2 and I love it. Its very pedal friendly and light for a bike that has over 6 inches travel front and back. Its also very strong and jumps like a dream, I know guys that have full on freeride bikes that have tried mine and now they want to switch because it can do anything thier bikes can do but the hectik pedals up hill so much better.

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
take it from me. you're wasting your time answering this kid

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010614
Mobile Version of Website