Marzocchi 08 66 RC3 problem

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi 08 66 RC3 problem
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 16:13 Quote
hmm ok that sounds a little sketchy so they just fix the fork under warranty without knowing about
ive been trying to get ahold of the US marzo office with no luck either

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 16:25 Quote
same day with a 12case of brew!

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 17:21 Quote
freeride707 wrote:
hmm ok that sounds a little sketchy so they just fix the fork under warranty without knowing about
ive been trying to get ahold of the US marzo office with no luck either

it might be different for you because you are in the United States... but when i sent it to zocchi in vancouver BC i didn't send them any billing info...

however, i did register my fork online so mabey that had something to do with it

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 22:45 Quote
yea thats what i was thinking but i registered mine as soon as i got the fork ima do a few more rides and then send em back
ill try and givee em a call too

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 12:37 Quote
freeride707 wrote:
yea thats what i was thinking but i registered mine as soon as i got the fork ima do a few more rides and then send em back
ill try and givee em a call too

yea man... sounds good... good luck with sending it in

Posted: Dec 4, 2009 at 19:52 Quote
just sent my fork in and they said ill get it back within 2 weeks but we'll see about that hopefully they will give me the nickel stancions tup

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 at 23:10 Quote
just got my fork back
ended up getting all new forksBig Grin just gotta get a new starnut and put em on an see how they feel
they didnt give me the decals tho kinda sux they look to plain

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 7:47 Quote
freeride707 wrote:
just got my fork back
ended up getting all new forksBig Grin just gotta get a new starnut and put em on an see how they feel
they didnt give me the decals tho kinda sux they look to plain

what do u mean.... did u get a brand new fork or did they just put new shit in it... because woth my fork everything was changed except for the lowers , axle and the adjuster knobs

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 7:50 Quote
my fork is still holdin strong since the rebuild... have had no problems since. marzocchi did a pretty good job on the rebuild... i think marzocchi is getting back up there along with rockshox....

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 at 0:12 Quote
I hope my 66s start creaking again if there giving the nickle plated ones out now.

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 at 13:45 Quote
i got all brand new 2010 lowers, stanchions, axle, crown, steerer, new knobs and idk about internals but pretty sure there new
not nickel stancions tho plus a 6mo ext. warranty

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 at 16:55 Quote
yep got mine back from warrenty with the nickel coated stanchins now there so sick
schiz wrote:
now when you warentee your fork for creaking, marzocchi is installing the nickel plated stanctions... i think they are doing this because when you plate something, you are adding a small layer of material onto the stanction (making a tighter fit)... the whole reason your forks creak is because of the fit between the bushings and the stanctionand stanction to crown...

after my second warentee, marzocchi gave me 2010 nickel stanctions and 2010 internals like bushings, springs, dust seals and oil... no problems with it thus far and i have tried very hard to make these forks creak... even with doing endos there have been absolutely no sounds

as far as i know... its the only rc3 with nickel stanctions in london... (which is sic!!!)

Posted: Jan 8, 2010 at 17:09 Quote
wow so if they rebuild em they get nickel stancions but they just sent me new forks wtf

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 11:56 Quote
freeride707 wrote:
wow so if they rebuild em they get nickel stancions but they just sent me new forks wtf

still maan... the 2010 66's are sweet... did u get the regular or the ti??

Posted: Jan 10, 2010 at 0:18 Quote
thats true i didnt get the decals on them tho so ime getting a set of 09 decals so at least there be different
no not ti that woulda been nice tho

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014231
Mobile Version of Website