need some good frame ideas

PB Forum :: Downhill
need some good frame ideas
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 16:30 Quote
hey im looking for a decent freeride/downhill frame that would take a shock with 9.5" eye to eye length, right now im rideing and ironhorse aniki and keep on having derailer problems so im thinking about getting something better for next year, any recomendations? im having a hard time finding frames that take that big of a shock.

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 16:33 Quote
get a commencal supreme dh or furious

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
Is there any reason you have to have that particular e2e length?

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 16:37 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:

maybe cus he doesnt want to buy a new shock

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 16:38 Quote
rush10 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

I figured as much but name a frame that doesn't come with a shock...

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 16:39 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
rush10 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

that is very true lol

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
rush10 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
rush10 wrote:

that is very true lol
Also, I highly doubt he spent any large sum of money on a shock for a Yakuza...

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
lol well i bought a pretty much brand new fox dhx 3.0 for it, somtimes there are used frames without shocks. i just know it would be very hard to even sell that frame for the price i paid for the shock.

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
jeffbiker2200 wrote:
lol well i bought a pretty much brand new fox dhx 3.0 for it, somtimes there are used frames without shocks. i just know it would be very hard to even sell that frame for the price i paid for the shock.
Not worth the trouble. Cut your losses and buy a new frame, regardless of the shock length

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 17:10 Quote
alright... well i guess if i could get a bit of money for it that would be alright, so what would you recomend for a decent cheap frame that is better than the one i have?

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 19:43 Quote
This will be the 17th time I have recommended this bike, but it's that damn good, the Chumba F5. It uses a 9.5x3.0. I have one an it's the best bike I have ever ridden. The suspension is so smooth. It feels very supple on rocks and roots, and ramps up beautifully for bigger hits. I have bottomed her out several times, but it didn't feel like it at all. The geometry is very dialed. The HT angle is perfect, so she feels very confident at high speeds, but isn't difficult to finesse through tight and twisty trails. This bike is super comfortable in the air, too. When catching some sky, the bike remains balanced front and rear. I love that bike so much, and it's very difficult to find any faults with it. I implore you to check out the Chumba F5

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011066
Mobile Version of Website