Powered by Outside

good dj bike for £300 = $600

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
good dj bike for £300 = $600
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 10:44 Quote
what dirt jumb bike shall i get it has to be lower than 300 bt it can be about 320 but thats the highest what do you reckon?
please leave your bikes and say how much they were and where from
thanks
Big Grin tup

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 10:47 Quote
Well, if your plannin on buying new, theres no way your gonna get any decent, or any new bike, for that matter. If you want a good dirt jumper, or a decent one at least your gonna have to triple or more your budget.

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 10:48 Quote
sorry i didnt realize it was 600 canadian, but even for 600 you can get a decent used one, but still need to add more if your buying brand new.

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 10:50 Quote
If you want a good dj bike, you pretty much have to raise your buget to like 1000 Can. You could get a pretty good bike for new with that much, or a pretty decent used bike.

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 10:51 Quote
im not bothered if its the best bike around i just want one that will cope with jumps that are about 5 foot thats all i can do at the mo because ive only just started and currently doin them on my bmx
are mongoose rituals alright

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 10:56 Quote
Weeel if you do get it, you would probably have to upgrade a few things, like the handle bars, brake leavers, prbably the stem and headset, and I'd take off the front brake...when or if you do buy it, try and get the people from your LBS or whereever you are buying it from to switch the parts and upgrade it before you even ride it, taht way you'll get a discount on everything.

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 11:01 Quote
do you think it would be alright for me tho
im kind of a beginner Razz

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 11:04 Quote
How much is it? Because there really isnt much point in buying it then upgrading it right when you get it. If you want a good bike, id say search around on here for something in the 600 dollar price range and see what you can get. Theres been a lot of good deals lately on nice bikes coming close to the end of the season.

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
its 299 pounds so thats like 600 dollars
im getting it for christmas but i suppose if i save then i can put towards a good bike like a p2 or a drone what dya think?

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
Really, I bte many people are going to yell if they read this, but get maybe a kona shred or scrap or something to that affect, look on pink bike for the used ones, if you are only taking them off of 5 foot jumps then it should be finr, peope that have the Konas and snapping tem are riding them off of some pretty big jumps, so although I wouldnt usually say to get a Kona, for you, jsut being a beginner, it may be a good place to start .

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
BL4ZINL3W wrote:
its 299 pounds so thats like 600 dollars
im getting it for christmas but i suppose if i save then i can put towards a good bike like a p2 or a drone what dya think?

Oh,okay, if you are getting one of those bikes new, you should get either a P2 Cro-mo a drone, I am kinda leaning towards a Cro-mo though, they are great bikes, you should jsut sak you rents to put like 700 Can towards a bike, adn then just save up the rest throughout the winter.

Posted: Sep 14, 2008 at 20:32 Quote
dude id say go with a giant stp 2 its 675 and its a solid bike ive riden one many times then soon after i bought the stp ss

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 12:53 Quote
Mongoose fireball is brilliant for the money

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
it doesnt matter now im getting a p2 Big Grin

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 13:35 Quote
ar rite that evan better then

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010001
Mobile Version of Website