Hayes HFX 9 or Avid Juicy 5s?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Hayes HFX 9 or Avid Juicy 5s?
O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 9:33 Quote
I have both as well, Hayes on my Demo 9 and Juicy 7's on my enduro, so my opinion is unbiased. I have to agree with another poster. Hayes have WAY nicer modulation. Juicy's feel kinda chincy. The only problems I have had with my hayes are as follows. Do not under any circumstances hang your bike upside down because they will get air bubbles. That may be specific to hanging the bike and NOT to them being Hayes brakes. Bleeding brakes sucks!! The other thing is that the pins that adjust the throw of the levers come loose, but this is easily remedied with a little lock tight. So if you're a mechanical moron, ride mechanical brakes, otherwise you are fine with Hayes. They BITE(in a good way)!! I am actually really eager to try the Avid Codes and see if they have made there brakes less chincy.

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 11:14 Quote
hayes are shit pure wank to controle just off or a lil bit on they are numb avid have more thought put into them stronger sharper more powerful

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 11:23 Quote
orangepatriot66 wrote:
Formula Oro's.

your an idiot..

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 15:20 Quote
windsorbighitrider wrote:
orangepatriot66 wrote:
Formula Oro's.

your an idiot..

Why thank you, seriously, I used a pair, they're amazing. What do you think is wrong with them?

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 18:42 Quote
if ur looking to go mechanical...go with the bb7s...but if u wanna go hydro...go with the juicy 5s...or maybe even the juicy 7s...the only difference between the 2 is adjustments and power...

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 18:43 Quote
I've ran both, Juicy 5's fo sho

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 21:12 Quote
vpsatomik wrote:
if ur looking to go mechanical...go with the bb7s...but if u wanna go hydro...go with the juicy 5s...or maybe even the juicy 7s...the only difference between the 2 is adjustments and power...

the power is the same between the juicy 5 and juicy 7, the only different is the "pad adjustment" basically a glorified lever adjustment.

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 21:14 Quote
juicy 7's...................................

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 21:28 Quote
Actually I retract my earlier statement and say, Juicy 5 with Hayes rotors, my bro runs 3's with Hayes rotors, and they run like, like, like, well that Olympic sprinter, Green?

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 2:37 Quote
Sorry for my dumbassness in saying formulas. Go for the Avids, if they're good enough for Peaty, they're good enough for you. Big Grin

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 8:43 Quote
orangepatriot66 wrote:
Sorry for my dumbassness in saying formulas. Go for the Avids, if they're good enough for Peaty, they're good enough for you. Big Grin

Yeah but steve peat doesn't use juicy 7's or codes.He uses Ultimates on he's DH rig.But in general your'e rigth avids are good for every one.

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 14:41 Quote
I like the nines way better! the juicys lose power fast and feel spongey!

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 9:05 Quote
tefiii2005 wrote:
One word, Avid.
Two words, Hayes suck.
Suk my ballz Hays Rule Two Words You Suck

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 13:47 Quote
Hayes is a motocycle company and they do mtb disc brakes for 10 years.Also for the ones that say Hayes is crap or suck.Before Avid or other disc brakes where for bringing there disc brakes,you could not get better than a set off hayes hfx9 disc brakes.Also say that to Sam hill or other riders that are sponsord by hayes.Not to mention that the hayes brakes has more World and world cup titles under it's belt than any disc brake.Hayes maybe a old company but they still compete with other brands with no problem.

Avid is a young company for Disc brakes and make good disc brakes both for Mechanic and hydraulic.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015197
Mobile Version of Website