Best bang for your buck R derailleur?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Best bang for your buck R derailleur?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
Hey i'm looking at new rear derailleurs because mine is getting a bit used.

So i'm looking for the best bang for your buck derailleur. But i need derailleur that bolt on a derailleur hanger. So the saints derailleur won't be working sadly =(

So help me out please.
Thanks.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
i just bought an XT shadow deraileur and havent ridden it yet, its about 130 dollars from a bike store and its nice and TIGHT while small and really small. doesnt rattle around and stays close to the frame unlike what i used to have (x7) yeah but i havent even ridden on it yet so ill have to drop you a line tommorow afternoon :O

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
merkel wrote:
i just bought an XT shadow deraileur and havent ridden it yet, its about 130 dollars from a bike store and its nice and TIGHT while small and really small. doesnt rattle around and stays close to the frame unlike what i used to have (x7) yeah but i havent even ridden on it yet so ill have to drop you a line tommorow afternoon :O

Give me more info, brand name and full model name please so i can get some specs and all on google.
Thanks.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
Shimano XT shadow rear deraileur. I paid i think 130 (but i got a discount because i bought a shifter/chainguide/cassette/chain). check it out, it seems to be a great bang for your buck; attractive, tight as shit, good components, and small. not to mention the fact that if you throw your bike down, the deraileur won't even touch the ground (that's the difference between XT and XT SHADOW maw-ucka)

look it up

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
I bought a Sram X9 like a year ago for my A-Line and its been awesome I love it, its a medium cage just because the store didnt have small in stock and I just need a new derauiller and ya its just been awesome I bought it with the shifter and it was like $150 bucks something for them together

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
You talking about this one?
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.totalcycling.com/images/large/19487_192356.jpg
I'm thinking of going with this one. Don't know how much shipping would be though. But so far i could have it at 55$ before shipping.

Do bike websites selling parts charge alot for shipping normally?

PS: It is sexy as hell!

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
yes thats the one. check out the sites above with some INFO buddy buddyz. good shit man, cant wait to ride that shit. if you want i can get back to you on the performance tommorow. it is super small i love it. go to your local bike store and they will have it, or will order it in. if you have to buy it off the internet, then depending on where you live relative to the site, it could cost anywhere from 15 to 50 dollars. USA to canada usually is about 20.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
merkel wrote:
yes thats the one. check out the sites above with some INFO buddy buddyz. good shit man, cant wait to ride that shit. if you want i can get back to you on the performance tommorow. it is super small i love it. go to your local bike store and they will have it, or will order it in. if you have to buy it off the internet, then depending on where you live relative to the site, it could cost anywhere from 15 to 50 dollars. USA to canada usually is about 20.

Well the site is from the UK. So they say 15 UK euros... so i'm not sure if its 15 Euros or 15 Pounds. If its 15 pounds then 30$ shipping coming at 85$... Or get it shipped by air mail the total would be of 68$. But by airmail i think it would take 1 to 2 weeks. But i don't mind. At 68$, should i go for it?

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 20:12 Quote
should come out to about 100 to 110 dollars total. bamo bamo

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 20:13 Quote
Dude get a X.9, they're around a 100 or less

Best derailuer i've ever owned, its solid, easy to set up, and just plain amazing.
Also the same performance as a X.0 just heavier, but its stronger

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
merkel wrote:

Dude do you read? I can get it off a site for 55$ the derailleur + either 30$+ or 13$ for longer shipping. Meaning at max i'd pay under 100$.

I'll check the X.9

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 20:19 Quote
ohh sorry I forgot to mention,

You need a 1:1 ratio shifter.

What kind of shifters do you have

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 20:20 Quote
Graphxxx wrote:
merkel wrote:

Dude do you read? I can get it off a site for 55$ the derailleur + either 30$+ or 13$ for longer shipping. Meaning at max i'd pay under 100$.

I'll check the X.9
oh sorry i got that messed up with the whole gpb thing. are you sure its not 50 euros because 50 dollars is really cheap, around 25ish euros. if you have that oppurtunity, go for it.

Posted: Sep 19, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
Nothing beats the X.0, but if its a money issue, you can not lose with the X.9... SRAM makes great, smooth, fast and responsive shifting systems

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009526
Mobile Version of Website