My back tyre is well hard 2 put on me rim can sum1 give me a tip or 2?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
My back tyre is well hard 2 put on me rim can sum1 give me a tip or 2?
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
j-me-1989 wrote:
My back tyre is well hard 2 put on me rim can sum1 give me a tip or 2
If you did not get it yet... first make sure your tread is going the right direction, then work one side of the tire around the rim until it is on, then when that is on try to get the bead of the side that is on in the middle of the rim, then use some soap water and spray the remaining side... make sure that the bead is really slippery, start working that side on be careful as you go that the tire does not come out behind you, when you get to where it becomes really hard use a tire lever (if you do not have one use one of your wheel skewers or a spoon... something that will not puncture tire or tube if you are running tubes then use what you have and slip it in between rim and tire and slide it on... simple, but a pain. Hope this helps my friend. Dont mess anything up though or it could be costly... if you find you can not do it get a friend or have a bike shop do it.

Posted: Sep 20, 2008 at 16:47 Quote
mtbman666 wrote:
i had a tire that wouldnt come off and it was completly wore out so i used my dremel and cut it off lol. smelled really bad but did the trick Razz
lol me and one of my friends had to cut a tire off his gsxr 750 to put a new one onlol its no easy task!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008524
Mobile Version of Website