ABERDEEN- what to do?

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
ABERDEEN- what to do?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 26, 2008 at 12:12 Quote
i'm going up to aberdeen next weekend for a wedding. i've never been up there before and was wondering if it's worth taking my bike. is there anywhere worth visiting? not lookng for massive xc rides i'd prefer a bit of dh/4x jumpy fun type stuff.
help me out!

Posted: Sep 26, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
Fort bill is 2 and Half hours away Razz

If you have a BMX, There is the Transition Extreme Skatepark (They don't let MTBs in)

Fetterrso Forest, Although it has no jumps, Nothing, Its an XC Trail

Posted: Sep 26, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
i'd love to ride fort bill but it's a bit too far! plus i'm on a hardtail and with the girlfriend so i need something with girly options.

Posted: Sep 26, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
Fetterso then

Some classic xc banter Rolleyes

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 1:40 Quote
Seeing as you're coming from the south (relatively) you could check out one of the 7staines trails.
http://www.7stanes.gov.uk/forestry/infd-68xm8g
Have a browse - they're all really good Big Grin

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 6:23 Quote
i've ridden innerleithen and glentress loads of times. might drop in on the way back.

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 6:40 Quote
fort bill is actually closed now, but you can still ride the 4x and xc.
theres dunkeld (kinda), pitfichie and kinnoul. apperantly theres a quarry with jumps n stuff around forfar but im not 100% where it actually is.

for stuff actually in aberdeen? transition skatepark is the only place, and like the guy said, the only bikes allowed in are bmx's

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 12:14 Quote
You can snowboard/ski at Garthdee Ski centre, it's a dry slope but a slope to use none the less not exactly biking but something new to try, I guess?

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 12:17 Quote
pitfichie forest is about 20miles from kingswells in aberdeen so it still wouldnt be too far from the centre of the city, there is also a massive inddor skatepark wich allows bmx and i think mtb too.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 14:37 Quote
Yo dude there is a FC run small bike park outside of aberdeen called Tyre Bagger. Its main trail is a long jumpy, bermy trail almost like spooky wood at GT but smaller lol. Its where I always go for a couple of hours when I'm up in Aberdeen.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
What to do in Aberdeen...

Hmm...

Sheep?

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 5:16 Quote
RockGiant wrote:
Sheep?
That's Cardiff, mate Wink

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 5:18 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
RockGiant wrote:
Sheep?
That's Cardiff, mate Wink

Aberdeen are sheep shaggers too.

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 5:19 Quote
OK, fair call...
Its only the English that dont take a fancy to animals... (except Norfolk)

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 6:00 Quote
Might I remind you to get back on topic instead of talking about some folks fetishes for animals...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007863
Mobile Version of Website