Boxxer question

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Boxxer question
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 26, 2008 at 12:49 Quote
i have a azonic sabre and want to upgrade my fork would a boxxer fit with no damage or danger cheers sam

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 0:52 Quote
Looks like they may be a bit long - put the angles out a bit from what it is at the moment. Its meant to be a fairly hard bike though. I personally would stick with the same length that was intended to be on there but it you want to I doubt it would be unnecissarily dangerous.

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 3:07 Quote
i would stick a set on , bigger thr better man

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 3:13 Quote
what fork would you suggest to put on the bike then

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 3:49 Quote
Marzocchi 66 or anything thats single crown. That'll give you more manouvrability too. As long as you're not hardcore Dh thrashing then thats what I would do.

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 4:12 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
Marzocchi 66 or anything thats single crown. That'll give you more manouvrability too. As long as you're not hardcore Dh thrashing then thats what I would do.

what is the axle to crown length of the original fork?? many single crowns have a long axle to crown to travel ratio, the real problem you need to worry about is the axle to crown length and not the travel boxxers have an axle to crown length of 568mm(as far as i can remember). if the original fork has an axle to crown length of about 540mm or more then a boxxer should be fine.

A single crown wont give you any more maneuverability than a duel crown of similar axle to crown length. you are never going to turn a dual crown fork to the point that it cant turn further while you are riding it and if you do, you going to crash. the only advantage a single crown fork has over a dual crown is the ability to do a x-up with the single crown.

if it were me I'd go for the boxxer2 cents

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 4:57 Quote
stabdee661 wrote:
A single crown wont give you any more maneuverability than a duel crown of similar axle to crown length. you are never going to turn a dual crown fork to the point that it cant turn further while you are riding it and if you do, you going to crash. the only advantage a single crown fork has over a dual crown is the ability to do a x-up with the single crown.

I hear what you're saying, and the axle to crown length point is very true. However, numerous times on steep twisty tracks double crown forks can hinder you - its true. It will also save weight and give a reduced front end hight (which makes climbing easier). For a bike like the sabre - its not meant to be ridden like with boxxers etc. 2 cents

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 5:52 Quote
ok i bought the bike for dh so yes its gonna get a beating what do you guys think of the manitou travis singles a mate of mine has some for sale hes been to les gets and says there great what do you lot think cheers sam

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 8:42 Quote
Could be ok but second hand stuff can always be a bit dodgy so be careful. Also manitou have a reputation of being able to turn out/sell defective products. Some people may tell you there customer service is poor.
Read some reviews: mtbr.com

Posted: Sep 28, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
ok also ive been offerd some drop off triples 175mm these should fit yes but would they handle les gets and dh

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 2:31 Quote
Im not being harsh but I don't think you really need to worry too much about how a fork would cope because the stuff you do isnt that challangeing. Not being harsh, I'm just being realistic. Also about the Manitous, if your talkin about Mathew James they're not Travis's, their Shermans and also HE has'nt been to Les Gets, but the bike has Smile cya

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 3:43 Quote
I'd try to get a hold of a pair of "old" boxxer ride U-turn. They were adjustable from about 135mm(i think) to 178mm. That way you can adjust it just the way you want it. And a few years back all the Boxxers were 178mm so yes, they work perfectly fine and would be enough for rough DH tracks.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021764
Mobile Version of Website