Rawed frames

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Rawed frames
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 17:57 Quote
hey i rawed my frame and i was wondering if it is okay to leave it the way it is or do i need to put a clear coat on it so it wont rust?

photo

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
it looks like steel, so yeah clearcoat it soon, it rusts like a bitch. alu doesn't rust though

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
It helps to coat it in a thin layer of mayonayse, it's more effective then clearcoat and it smells better too.

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 18:02 Quote
nah, mayo is white, then hell be a trend whore, try vaseline

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 18:10 Quote
i actually cant tell if you guys are being serious or not what the best thing to coat it in.

also would it still rust even if i wiped it clean after every ride and kept it in my room?

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
the-ultimate-cyclist wrote:
i actually cant tell if you guys are being serious or not what the best thing to coat it in.

also would it still rust even if i wiped it clean after every ride and kept it in my room?

Serious, mayo and vaseline are both good cause they're both carbon compounds.

Keeping it in your room would be good as long as it's not below ground level.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:

yeah my room is above ground level so if i just kept it in my room and wiped it clean after every ride would i even need to bother with vaseline

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:

yeah my room is above ground level so if i just kept it in my room and wiped it clean after every ride would i even need to bother with vaseline

vaseline would still be good, just a thin layer is needed to repel moisture

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
s-t-e-v-e wrote:

vaseline would still be good, just a thin layer is needed to repel moisture

yeah but when ever i touch my frame my hands will get all greasy wouldnt it be okay if i just wiped down my bike after every ride and made shure it was dry?

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
Just put clear coat on it instead of worrying about vaseline or wiping it down.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
zackn291 wrote:
Just put clear coat on it instead of worrying about vaseline or wiping it down.

i usually wipe down my frame anyways so it wouldnt really be that much extra trouble.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
may mixed with vasaline will work the best, u cna never get all the moisture off with a towl, it will rust

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 18:43 Quote
derekt wrote:
may mixed with vasaline will work the best, u cna never get all the moisture off with a towl, it will rust

true cause then you get the smooth consitency of the mayo with the longer lasting protection of the vaseline.
rubbing down the frame will get tiring after a bit, if you use mayo+vaseline you only have to change it up about once a week.

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 18:47 Quote
also mush up marshmellows so there all gooey and wipe that on your frame over the mayo and vaseline, its like a clear coat for the vasaline and mayo, then ull never have to do anything its the best, all the pros do it

Posted: Sep 27, 2008 at 18:49 Quote
derekt wrote:
also mush up marshmellows so there all gooey and wipe that on your frame over the mayo and vaseline, its like a clear coat for the vasaline and mayo, then ull never have to do anything its the best, all the pros do it

dude don't mess with him this is a seerious thread.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010204
Mobile Version of Website