Anyone tested the 2008 888 RC3 WC or the 2008 ATA WC?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Anyone tested the 2008 888 RC3 WC or the 2008 ATA WC?
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 7:23 Quote
hodge357 wrote:
nickf wrote:
where do rockshox and fox do their production?
First off you dont want rockshox, cause ive ridden a few of their forks on my friends and demo bikes and the seals just blow to hell. Eveyone knows that totems are their worst forks, the boxxers are the flexiest and theres some seal issues also. But for still has all their stuff in the USA cause the Fox Shocks Factory is right across the way from the Yeti Factory.

I agree with everything you've said so far but the rockshoox crap. Dude the boxxers are very decent forks and the totems kick ass. Wtf do you have against them?

yeti pride!w00t

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 7:40 Quote
One of the dudes at my local shop has had to send his ATA WC in for warranty twice this year. If there is one thing I recommend is to stick with 07 forks.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 10:18 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
hodge357 wrote:
nickf wrote:
First off you dont want rockshox, cause ive ridden a few of their forks on my friends and demo bikes and the seals just blow to hell. Eveyone knows that totems are their worst forks, the boxxers are the flexiest and theres some seal issues also. But for still has all their stuff in the USA cause the Fox Shocks Factory is right across the way from the Yeti Factory.

I agree with everything you've said so far but the rockshoox crap. Dude the boxxers are very decent forks and the totems kick ass. Wtf do you have against them?

yeti pride!w00t
Totems are in their second year of production along with their 40mm seals of coarse their not going to be perfect.. boxers are a race fork, they have a good two pounds on a 888 any day of the week(marz weighs their orks with out oil crowns and a steer tube, were as rock shox weighs their fully build with oil and an uncut steer tube. As i mentioned above as marz is in its first year of producing these new forks their is bound to be problems that tests didn't reveal like the fact that we don't want our rebound setting to determine our high speed compression. I personaly think that Rc2x and mission control are/were the best dampening systems on the market. The rock shox forks are brilliant because they have "flood gate. This allows you to blow though your compression setting on hard hits so if your riding street with a locked out pike if you boost over a 4-5 maybe even 6 foot tall pylon and land flat the fork will go trough its travel as normal(and you still get high/low sspeed compression and rebound adjustment)

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 15:49 Quote
all suspension companies seem to be having their own problems
zocchi has a suspension system people don't like
manitou's nickname is manipoo
rockshocks have bad seals
fox shox are mantainance whores
rst... nevermind

zocchi and fox are still the way to go if you know how to work on your forks correctly; adjustments, internals and all

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
hodge357 wrote:
nickf wrote:

yeti pride!w00t
Dhrunner, im not a particular fan on Boxxer's or RS because thay're a very very flexy fork at their 32mm stanctions, the seals are horrid as common knowledge,m but aside from that they're like 5th element, if you dont have issues within the first month, they're bombproof. and totems, well evey one knows their issues or new seals once every 2 weeks Razz

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 19:46 Quote
hodge357 wrote:
dhrunner wrote:
hodge357 wrote:

yeti pride!w00t
Dhrunner, im not a particular fan on Boxxer's or RS because thay're a very very flexy fork at their 32mm stanctions, the seals are horrid as common knowledge,m but aside from that they're like 5th element, if you dont have issues within the first month, theY'RE bombproof. and totems, well evey one knows their issues or new seals once every 2 weeks Razz
I'm betting the ATA system is the same, cause some people are having complaints about them i don't see

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 22:03 Quote
hodge357 wrote:
dhrunner wrote:
hodge357 wrote:

yeti pride!w00t
Dhrunner, im not a particular fan on Boxxer's or RS because thay're a very very flexy fork at their 32mm stanctions, the seals are horrid as common knowledge,m but aside from that they're like 5th element, if you dont have issues within the first month, they're bombproof. and totems, well evey one knows their issues or new seals once every 2 weeks Razz
The totem is supposed to leak. The oild that comes out is for lube only and makes teh stantion slipery and you get less sticktion ride a new 888 thats over 4 months old and you will notice huge amounts of stiction same with the monster and occastionaly the 40.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 22:53 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
hodge357 wrote:
dhrunner wrote:

yeti pride!w00t
The totem is supposed to leak. The oild that comes out is for lube only and makes teh stantion slipery and you get less sticktion ride a new 888 thats over 4 months old and you will notice huge amounts of stiction same with the monster and occastionaly the 40.
No actually they are not supposed to leak, and if they are then they guys at RS shure as hell havent told me. Most forks dont stick already and if they do then you should haven the common knowledge to put a drop or 2 of lube/ fork oil on the stanction.

Posted: Aug 20, 2008 at 23:09 Quote
hodge357 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
hodge357 wrote:

No actually they are not supposed to leak, and if they are then they guys at RS shure as hell havent told me. Most forks dont stick already and if they do then you should haven the common knowledge to put a drop or 2 of lube/ fork oil on the stanction.
Thats what i got form my local mechanic / personal experiance..

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 6:57 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
hodge357 wrote:
dhrunner wrote:

yeti pride!w00t
i have a 1999 monster and it has no stiction whatsoever

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 7:50 Quote
what's with this thread i thougth it was going between the 2 top marzocchi world cup forks,now rock shox and fox is mixed up with other marzocchi forksVery confused .This thread is way off topic,can we have the dicussion between the RC3 WC and ATA WC going again

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
nickf wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
hodge357 wrote:

i have a 1999 monster and it has no stiction whatsoever

There specifically designed to by-pass some oil as are the 40s. And I know cuz I have a pair and I've ridden totems before. The oil is released from bladders underneath the initial dust seals on the 40s. The only time my 40s have stiction is when I'm just riding around. As soon as I hit dh, the oil from inside the lowers splashes around and is brought up into the seals by the stantions return stroke. making it uber plush. The only reason the 888's are plusher all the time is because they run an openbath system and have smaller diameter seals.

Posted: Aug 21, 2008 at 9:31 Quote
Back on topic guys.

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
i dont think the guy who earlier said the rc3 system is dumb fully understands it.
the high speed compresion is for controlling fast stantion movement,in the past people used it to conrole bottom out on gig hits drops and flat landings.
now you have a seperate va adjuster on the top of the left leg under the rebound it gives the same results has increasing the oil height.
i have found it works a treat,and it leaves the high/low compression adjuster to do the job its meant to do after all if you wind on to much high speed you will get a crap feel it should be used in moderation.also the rebound works totally independetly from any other adjustment

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024207
Mobile Version of Website