Jaw drop kid

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:20 Quote
well hell be dropping on an 04 v10, which is better i think than the new ones.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:22 Quote
Yep the older V-10 is better than the old ones for a drop like this. Guess what. He is still f*cked.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
kuba466108 wrote:
well hell be dropping on an 04 v10, which is better i think than the new ones.
better for dropping i mean obviously not for racing.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:40 Quote
IMO i don't think anybody should show up and watch him do it. If there's a big crowd of people there, he will feel a HUGE amount of pressure to do it. And with so many people there, if he does the smart thing and backs out he will be tormented and heckled by lot's of people. I don't think he should do it. And I don't think anybody should support him. If he does do it we will all see the video anyways,crash or not. If people are there they will just get in the way of the medics. I have just as many props for this kid if he goes there, looks at it and walks away or actually attempts it.

don't do it kid. It's not worth risking your life for the glory.

FL
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
Yep the older V-10 is better than the old ones for this

old ones are better than the new ones?

I think the jah(jaw? sp.) drop is stupidly big. I think the major point that the kid is missing out on is the fact that bender clearly states on NWD video "after 3 attempts at the jaw drop i know it needs a steeper landing".

He also states that the landing (soft sand?) from such a height is like "landing on concrete"

i would say dont do the jaw drop without building a transition, or just change locations to a just as big drop but with decent landing.

to be honest i dont reckon the kid will get anywhere near to riding away from this drop. bike parts and bones will fail for sure.

nice thought but i'd rather see the kid hit some other stunts rather than wasting time trying to prove himself

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
If he does it and lands, he will be known as one of the greatest ever, if he fails, he will be known as the gutsiest kid ever, and if he doesn't do it, he will be known as the biggest wannabe ever (like I mean, seriously, if he pussies out after creating all this hype, everyone will look at him as a poser).

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:46 Quote
jonesym3 wrote:
Jeanie wrote:
Yep the older V-10 is better than the old ones for this

old ones are better than the new ones?

I meant they are better for hucking big drops than the new ones, not a better bike or better for racing.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
nishnash wrote:
and if he doesn't do it, he will be known as the biggest wannabe ever (like I mean, seriously, if he pussies out after creating all this hype, everyone will look at him as a poser).
If he crashes and hurts himself I will blame people like you who don't let people make smart decisions and decide for one reason or another not to do a jump. You have no right to give him a hard time for not doing the most infamous drop known to mountain bikers.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
nishnash wrote:
If he does it and lands, he will be known as one of the greatest ever, if he fails, he will be known as the gutsiest kid ever, and if he doesn't do it, he will be known as the biggest wannabe ever (like I mean, seriously, if he pussies out after creating all this hype, everyone will look at him as a poser).
He won't be known as one of the greatest ever, its not about hucking anymore. he will get attention for awhile but it wont be fame like Sam hill, Steve peat, etc. By the way chances of him landing this is basically zero.

If he fails he will be known for being dumb as f*ck, not gutsy. He will also be dead, or not able to ride for a long time or possibly ever.

If he doesn't do it, he will be known as a pussy by the people telling him to do it, but he will be known as smart by the people telling him not to do it. Oh and he will also live to ride another day if he doesn't hit it.

But to each their own..

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
I totally agree with that being smart thing, he shouldn't, but at the same time a lot of people have seen the hype for this guy and he will be in conversations like "remember that kid who got everyone all stoked and said he was going to do the drop, then he didn't?" I personally would say though, don't do it, or do it, then post a vid and get yourself fame.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:55 Quote
There are alot more people telling him not to do it than to do it. Would you rather die or seriously hurt yourself so some kids around the world call you a pussy over the internet? Honestly I dont like being called a pussy, but in a situation like this I would take the pussy comment and continue on riding.

FL
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:57 Quote
is the kid on pinkbike. and if so.........where is he in this forum??Eek

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
There are alot more people telling him not to do it than to do it. Would you rather die or seriously hurt yourself so some kids around the world call you a pussy over the internet? Honestly I dont like being called a pussy, but in a situation like this I would take the pussy comment and continue on riding.
I was just about to edit my post to say the same thing, I would rather be the worlds biggest poser than take such a risk. And there are plenty of riders like this I am sure.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
josephgagger wrote:
he's not doing it.

pretty much the comment of the thread, only a couple comments in. sums it up quite nicely.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
still i cant wait for sunday to find out how this happenes...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016891
Mobile Version of Website