D1** whistler

PB Forum :: Downhill
D1** whistler
  • Previous Page
O+ FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
anyone done it? just wondering what its like, never seen a picture of it!

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
d8flat8 wrote:
anyone done it? just wondering what its like, never seen a picture of it!

It's easy. Just got a hip on it.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
its fun. big hip and step up after it. and a gnarly entrance. its fairly short but sick.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
i wive in whistler but whats d1

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
yea.. please do tell what D1 is

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
any technical areas? no more jumps? rock faces?

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
its a mix of it all. no rockfaces but a steep gnarly nosepoke section at the start with big rocks around it. then you hit a big berm then go down to a left hand hip that you need to be flying to gap then a big wooden kicker that steps you up a few feet but more of a bigger gap and if you case any of these it hurts. then the rest of the trail is pretty much nothing special.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
how big are the gaps?

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2445422/

this is really the only pic of it. the gaps about ten or fifteen but the landing is steep and you dont wanna case it. the step up is about fifteen foot gap too and about 4 foot step up

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
photo

just saw that pic a few days ago, and it made me wonder.... thats why i asked.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
oh well its really really hidden. i cant even begin to tell you what trails its near. you have to ride down the logging road a ways to get to it. but its nuts. its the only pro-line rated trail at whistler.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:10 Quote
pedalpower7443 wrote:
oh well its really really hidden. i cant even begin to tell you what trails its near. you have to ride down the logging road a ways to get to it. but its nuts. its the only pro-line rated trail at whistler.

yeah i know how to get to it its beside too tight. but why is it rated a pro line if its only a hip and a step up and some rocks... even though there large*. *(the jumps)

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:10 Quote
ive only ridden it once so i just sized up the hip and the step up, its right next to 'too tight' entrance, theres really nothing to worry about on it if you just make sure you know the trail first, i was just nervous that i was gonna come up to some big drop that i couldnt see but its really smooth other than the hip and step up that i went around but the entrance comes kinda close to clipping your pedals. thats pretty much it

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
d8flat8 wrote:
pedalpower7443 wrote:

yeah i know how to get to it its beside too tight. but why is it rated a pro line if its only a hip and a step up and some rocks... even though there large*. *(the jumps)

they wanna keep nubs off of it to keep it in good shape is my guess?

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 20:24 Quote
I live in Whistler and this one of my favorite trails. You can access it by hitting little alder, which is another less ridden trail. Little alder is just plain singletrack with no stunts. Or you can take the expressway road off the side by the containers on freight train. In Deep also ends up at lil alder.

D1 itself starts out with a tricky tech start over some gnarly roots and drops off into a step down to big berm. From there on, its all big gaps and sick jumps. Don't even think about entering unless you got DJs dialed. It's super smooth and nice, you just have to work hard to clean the trail for sure. It's a bit tight in the trees, not alot of room for mistakes.

D1 is located to the right of Too Tight.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011448
Mobile Version of Website