Is it worth to have a bike for park / street and one for dirt

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Is it worth to have a bike for park / street and one for dirt
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 14:08 Quote
hi i was wondering if its worth having a 26 inch dirt rig and then having a 24inch er for park thanks i allready run a dobermann pinsher with dj1s , mtx , hollowbites but if i were to get a street bike it wuld be a capital ridgid brakless

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
no. i would just have one or the other. it doesnt make a HUGE difference, so i wouldnt bother have a whole other bike, unless you can afford it. i say 26" is fine and better for dirt, but 24's are fine with dirt but abit better for park/street.

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
if your really into it and can justify spending out on two very similar bikesthen get both. its up to you i personally would say dont bother, make your mind up about 24s or 26s and keep it. just buy seperate tyres and have a set of sus and ridgid forks to switch between instead Big Grin

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
I find it to be a lot easier to get on one bike and stick with that one bike. That way you aren't wasting any time getting used to the slight differences. When I tried having different bikes, it got to the point that I saw no point in it and sold one to fund the other. In my opinion, the bikes required for the 2 disciplines are too close to be bothered with it. I'd say to just use a short travel fork on your current bike and it can easily be used for both. If you want to run a rigid then get a rigid fork and a separate crown race to make switching easier.

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 14:53 Quote
deviantriderdan wrote:
hi i was wondering if its worth having a 26 inch dirt rig and then having a 24inch er for park thanks i allready run a dobermann pinsher with dj1s , mtx , hollowbites but if i were to get a street bike it wuld be a capital ridgid brakless
you should definatly invest into a 24 for urself. i ride my 20 in the park and have been thinking about how awesome a 24 would be. you can still run pegs and everything.. its a good time. Salute

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
usually street and dirt bikes are pretty similar. the choice between 26 and 24 is your choice whichever one feels better. ive seen people rip each one just as good as the other. i would get a fork with 3 or 4" of travel cause thats all you need for park and dirt

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 15:00 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
I find it to be a lot easier to get on one bike and stick with that one bike. That way you aren't wasting any time getting used to the slight differences. When I tried having different bikes, it got to the point that I saw no point in it and sold one to fund the other. In my opinion, the bikes required for the 2 disciplines are too close to be bothered with it. I'd say to just use a short travel fork on your current bike and it can easily be used for both. If you want to run a rigid then get a rigid fork and a separate crown race to make switching easier.
hmm good point i run sus and rigids but at the moment i am running my recently purcased argyle 409s and trying to give my self a reason to keep the rigids as if u want rigid for a bit then you just put it on full compression and it basically makes the fork solid exept under a lot of punishment which is great as its there when you need it so for a do it all dirt/street/park bike then that would be a good component on the parts list.

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
ok guys thanks for the help

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
deviantriderdan wrote:
ok guys thanks for the help

decided on anything?

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 13:53 Quote
yeh i think im gona get a set of ridgigs for my dobermann and then switch about

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 13:57 Quote
If I were you, I'd just get the other bike anyway. You can't have to many bikes. Beer

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
if i can the dosh toghter i might

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009613
Mobile Version of Website