Commencal V.S. Kona V.S Specialized

PB Forum :: Downhill
Commencal V.S. Kona V.S Specialized
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 8:16 Quote
hey, which is the best of these three major mtb manufacturers... Commencal, Kona, Specialized - i have decided on getting a commencal meta 666 as it suits my style of riding. Before, i thought the demo 7/8 would be a gd rig to be able to haul some pure ass on, but im one of those weight weenies Frown and the bike was too heavy. obviously i would not choose a kona because they are: Heavy, common, and ride well in the event of a flat track... try xc-ing on one and its a struggle lol.
well, which do you think is a good manufacturer? post your thoughts, this can also help people who are wanting to get a commencal or kona or specialized, so please mods do not lock this thread as there is a reason for it.

looking forward to the posts Razz

trail-man2008

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 8:25 Quote
i would get a commencal. kona is known for not being very good, and snapping some frames. spesh has ALOT of frames done so they cant really check them all out, and commencal isnt that big so they have more attention to detail. go for commencal.

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
photo

Commencal Meta 666 2008

photo

Specialized Demo 7 2008

photo

Kona Scrap headset snap! oh nice rhymes

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 8:29 Quote
Katol wrote:
i would get a commencal. kona is known for not being very good, and snapping some frames. spesh has ALOT of frames done so they cant really check them all out, and commencal isnt that big so they have more attention to detail. go for commencal.

good man, i like the meta 666, its good for: xc, trails, light dh, 4x, road. which is what i do. its a do-it-all bike!

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 8:29 Quote
commencal as i said, also have lots of great reviews in mags.

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 8:35 Quote
keep the posts coming!

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 8:40 Quote
Why not get a Kona?

Go for a Dawg or a Cowan DS

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 8:40 Quote
Yea, the 666 is a very versatile bike (9/10 on my cards) and will handle most if not everything you chuck at it, and weighing in at around 30 lbs (Full bike) its light aswell

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 8:42 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
Why not get a Kona?

Go for a Dawg or a Cowan DS

im not a kona man myself, even the aluminum models feel as if they were made from crmo steel -.- buts if a free world lol

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 8:44 Quote
trail-man2008 wrote:
photo

Kona Scrap headset snap! oh nice rhymes

that only happened because he had too much travel in the front. thats a dj bike not a freeriding bike

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 9:44 Quote
have u ever felt a light XC kona bike? yeah mines heavy but mine is built for diff purpose weight wasnt in mind. like how you put good pictures of the others and a snapped pic of the kona.. oright then wordy

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 9:47 Quote
bikerider22 wrote:
have u ever felt a light XC kona bike? yeah mines heavy but mine is built for diff purpose weight wasnt in mind. like how you put good pictures of the others and a snapped pic of the kona.. oright then wordy

lol, its a scrap... see where im coming from? joeseph

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 9:49 Quote
haha joeseph o'leary or as you would say "i love james atherton".. i mean faust? they are all good commencal isnt a major manufactor tho they are just small really compared to kona and specialized and i still dont see why you think kona is "comman" oright then mark with his transition bottlerocket

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011353
Mobile Version of Website