Post your Giant Brass.

PB Forum :: Giant
Post your Giant Brass.
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 23:18 Quote
thanx for info, didn't know it was that technical.
brokentapedeck wrote:
GIBZ66 wrote:
Yer ur right
onone26 wrote:

I believe they are a cheaper line to the STP. More on the entry level of Dirtjumping/Freeriding I think.

Incorrect, Although they both are hard tails the Brass is intended more for trail riding were you spend more time on the ground pedaling. Its more lugish with a heavy feel at lower speeds but more stable than the stp at high speeds. The brass is more of a aim it in the direction you want to go in and hope for the best type of bike. The stp is for trick riding were there's a lot of body english put into the bike. You dont aim the stp you steer it with your entire body. Hope that helps

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 1:10 Quote
GIBZ66 wrote:
brokentapedeck wrote:
GIBZ66 wrote:
Yer ur right

Incorrect, Although they both are hard tails the Brass is intended more for trail riding were you spend more time on the ground pedaling. Its more lugish with a heavy feel at lower speeds but more stable than the stp at high speeds. The brass is more of a aim it in the direction you want to go in and hope for the best type of bike. The stp is for trick riding were there's a lot of body english put into the bike. You dont aim the stp you steer it with your entire body. Hope that helps

Your Welcome. I didn't know any thing about 26 inch bikes at all so I did a lot of test riding and brain picking at the lbs I wanted a brass but found out the large stp was way better for me. SO I got a stp frame and now im building a stp Smile

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 20:21 Quote
photo

My Brass 1 as of today.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 23:39 Quote
Updated pic of my brass
photo
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2977001/

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
GIBZ66 wrote:
Updated pic of my brass
photo
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2977001/
photo

Posted: May 17, 2009 at 15:40 Quote
photo

Ordered white/black outlaws, and DMR ss kit last night.

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 11:08 Quote
no full suspension brass sx???? Those things look so dope!!!

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 11:10 Quote
brokentapedeck wrote:
GIBZ66 wrote:
brokentapedeck wrote:

Your Welcome. I didn't know any thing about 26 inch bikes at all so I did a lot of test riding and brain picking at the lbs I wanted a brass but found out the large stp was way better for me. SO I got a stp frame and now im building a stp Smile

Would you guys say the full suspension brass is more of a freeride bike???

Posted: May 28, 2009 at 16:31 Quote
It looks more like more of a slopestyle bike but it is heavy from what I've heard. But with a little money put into it and buying the right parts, it can be light. But stock it still looks to be a decent bike.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 20:46 Quote
I have changed alot on mine,
I got it converted to single speed, new stem, bigger bars, dirt jumper 2 forks and different brakes and it rides smooth as.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 20:47 Quote
I have changed alot on mine,
I got it converted to single speed, new stem, bigger bars, dirt jumper 2 forks and different brakes and it rides smooth as.

Posted: Oct 23, 2010 at 12:44 Quote
just bought mine this morning brass 2 2011
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.121280
Mobile Version of Website