DH brakes...what are the best but still light

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH brakes...what are the best but still light
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
im looking for new brakes. i want something that is still decently strong...but also light...ive been looking at the Avid Elixir CR brakes...but what else might be a good brake set?

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
Formula oro, check them out

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
formulas are mad money tho man haha

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 17:00 Quote
then after formula comes, hope, wait thats crazy h/o avid code, avid ultimate, or juicy 7, but the best are formula oro and juicy 7,. take a look at other formula, cus their stuff is good stuff, i used to run them but my friend still runs them, you can get carbon levers and organic pads and all that $h1t

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
The new 09 Shimano Saint stuff is the best stuff out there, with the new lever system and new caliper its amazing there light, tons of power, good easy settings and a bonus they look freakin sweet. Its running a good price as well at $310 CAD a side. With so many brakes on the market now its hard to chose but I'll go with Shimano.Big Grin

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 17:10 Quote
Formula RL, Avid Juicy Ultimate, Magura Marta SL, Shimano XTR

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 17:26 Quote
Hey, XTR aint half bad, but I forget if you have to get the centerlock hubs for those, same goes for saint, pretty sure they do, but their both abou the best in market, next to hope and formula, especially Magura, their brakes are sick!

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
You don't have to use centrelock rotors. They offered XT rotors in 6-bolt when I was looking for brakes a couple years ago, not sure if they still do, but most other rotors should fit.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 17:54 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
You don't have to use centrelock rotors. They offered XT rotors in 6-bolt when I was looking for brakes a couple years ago, not sure if they still do, but most other rotors should fit.

goodpoint, but if you do get centerlock, it will be a pain to get another brake system, but with shimano, who'd wanna switch out. Smile

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
Go for the XT super light but still really powerful. can even do fine with running a 6 in rotor in the back. they ahev awesome modulation.And yes you can get rotors in six bolt.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
XTR is a PHENOMENAL brake for DH. I should know. They are going to go on the sickest DH bike ever.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 19:00 Quote
I forgot, can always buy the DT Swiss centrelock adaptors.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
vegas- wrote:
codes
he said he wants something light codes are in no way light.

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
lovemy2008dhr wrote:
vegas- wrote:
codes
he said he wants something light codes are in no way light.
true elixers would be good

but id go for hope m6 ti's for DH

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011574
Mobile Version of Website