Tips on whips...

PB Forum :: Downhill
Tips on whips...
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 12:30 Quote
i need help getting whips back in

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
same as me....i can do 80 degres whips but cant get it back.....all f*cking my rims becaus of thatFrown now im going smaller

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 12:33 Quote
hit the lander or ground with front wheel first

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 12:35 Quote
im working my way up too 90 whips, about 80 at the moment, and can get them in, all i would advise its to slightly carve the end of your take off, turning your bars as if you want to 360, then wait till it gets to where you want to whip to, then turn your bars back hard, and look. Seems to do the job for me.

hmmm well moto whips all i do iswhen i come off the lip just try to be stylish so i beofre i come of the lip i come off it at bit of a angle like beofre about to get my frontire off. I then shift my weight to the side i whiping then though my weight to the other side to bring back. I also need a bigger soze jump to land brought back.

good luck anyways

angus05 wrote:
hit the lander or ground with front wheel first

How would that help you to whip?

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/33770/ watch how he does it

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
i can only do small whips all my big ones i end up landing sideways so i stick it with table tops

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 12:47 Quote
that wasn't a whip. it was more like a little tweak. if you can whip it out 90* and do a table try putting the 2 together. so your flat and sideways. nobody can really tell you how to do a good whip on the internet. just go ride your bike and you'll figure it out.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
i have found that its all in the bars. Turn them where you want the bike to go and push the frame with your legs.
Hope this helpsBeer

Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
smallkinehawaiian wrote:
if you can whip it out 90* and do a table try putting the 2 together. so your flat and sideways.

photo

My attempt at that a year ago! lol

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
im not gonna lie that pics bad ass. id deffently POD that if i could find it

Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 20:54 Quote
i whip and turn the bars to the left, i carve and turn the bars hard left and throw my shoulders that direction too and kick my feet/back of bike out to where i want and then i throw my shoulders back towards the landing and turn my body to the landing and the bike should follow. also turn the bars back to the landing and land front wheel first. the real tecnique to getting the whip back is popping off the lip so that you and the bike are kinda seperated and being in the right place over the bike to be able to bring it back. just takes lots of practice.

photo
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2569716/

Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
basically waht everybody says and i use my hips a alot, find alot more control that wau

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013521
Mobile Version of Website