Rear Shocks

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
merkel wrote:
OK well that is what I thought. I did say I am a n00b at shocks lol.

BUT the little focker that sticks out the side of some decent coil shocks, doesn't that have air adjustment?
No, that's a fluid reservoir

then why is there a shrader valve dumbass?

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 12:58 Quote
There is fluid in it..make sure you use a SHOCK PUMP when letting air out...

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
nishnash wrote:
theres fluid an air. add more air, the shock gets stiffer

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 13:01 Quote
sorry i thought this was a different thread...

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 13:01 Quote
dan13l-b1gh1t wrote:
nishnash wrote:
theres fluid an air. add more air, the shock gets stiffer
exactly the resitance is an air chamber against an oil chamber.

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 13:05 Quote
isn't the air only for bottom out? don't notice a difference in my DHX when i put it up to 180 from 130, besides the fact that its a little stiffer at the very last moment of travel.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 13:10 Quote
odin333 wrote:
isn't the air only for bottom out? don't notice a difference in my DHX when i put it up to 180 from 130, besides the fact that its a little stiffer at the very last moment of travel.
yeh, but if there is to much it can affect alot of the stroke...

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
nishnash wrote:
odin333 wrote:
yeah that is just when you notice the pressure change, just like a spring. from 300-350 you might not notice the difference much till the bottom of the travel curve.

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 13:54 Quote
air pressure for the dhx is boost valve or compression,it does affect the compression of the shock but only minorly.

dont mix the air chamber with the roco as all the roco air chamber is for is bottom out,the bottom out adjustment chamber on the dhx adjusts the volume of the air held.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 at 13:55 Quote
Mazekwon wrote:
nishnash wrote:
odin333 wrote:
yeah that is just when you notice the pressure change, just like a spring. from 300-350 you might not notice the difference much till the bottom of the travel curve.
That depends on the bike, on my commencal I notice it at the top of the curve..so small bumps and such...

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 at 9:14 Quote
Wow. I need a rear shock, but I have issues. Currently running a Manitou Swinger 3 Way on my Azonic Revenge (5 inch travel rear). I do believe that it's time for a better shock. My frame geometry will not allow me to fit a rear shock with the Piggyback. I tried a rocco TST and it hit the frame. I'd really like a straight, coil/air combo (Fox had one and Manitou has the Metel-R). I can't seem to find a coil shock without the piggy back and a lockout. I have 5 inches of travel in the rear- does that mean I should try to find a stroke of 3 inches? How does that math work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 at 10:24 Quote
rocklegacy wrote:
Wow. I need a rear shock, but I have issues. Currently running a Manitou Swinger 3 Way on my Azonic Revenge (5 inch travel rear). I do believe that it's time for a better shock. My frame geometry will not allow me to fit a rear shock with the Piggyback. I tried a rocco TST and it hit the frame. I'd really like a straight, coil/air combo (Fox had one and Manitou has the Metel-R). I can't seem to find a coil shock without the piggy back and a lockout. I have 5 inches of travel in the rear- does that mean I should try to find a stroke of 3 inches? How does that math work?

Measure A and B and that will tell you the size shock you need.

photo

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
That was the most simple, easy to understand reply I've seen on here. Kudos to you and thanks.

marquis wrote:
rocklegacy wrote:

photo

Posted: Apr 20, 2010 at 8:35 Quote
rocklegacy wrote:
That was the most simple, easy to understand reply I've seen on here. Kudos to you and thanks.

marquis wrote:
rocklegacy wrote:

photo

Simple man you see.lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023211
Mobile Version of Website