Specialized P1 2009 or Specialized P2 Cromo 2008?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Specialized P1 2009 or Specialized P2 Cromo 2008?
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
capecbiking wrote:
jonesy123 wrote:
capecbiking wrote:
p.1 is much lighter probaly
yep i have the p1 and its much much much lighter and its single speed and the new bombers Razz
wat fork does it have?? just wunderinBatman
pics on my profile the o9 dj3 bombers

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 14:05 Quote
jonesy123 wrote:
capecbiking wrote:
jonesy123 wrote:
yep i have the p1 and its much much much lighter and its single speed and the new bombers Razz
wat fork does it have?? just wunderinBatman
pics on my profile the o9 dj3 bombers
alrite thxtup

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 5:50 Quote
wat about 09 cromo?

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 5:57 Quote
yeah go for the p1, its pretty much the same bike except the p1 is singlespeed so there's less to worry about and a bit cheaper

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 6:56 Quote
wheelie666 wrote:
yeah go for the p1, its pretty much the same bike except the p1 is singlespeed so there's less to worry about and a bit cheaper
and alot ligheter and the seat goes lower and its more new so ......

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 7:01 Quote
i would stuggest getting an 08 p1.
personally i dont like the idea of having 80 mm of travel. i think it would screw up the geo alot.

i just got an 08 manik, because i didnt like the 09s, and they got a hell of alot more expensive.

i paid like $500 less than buying an 09.
but i would def. say the p1, single speed is soo reliable, and its really really hard to go wrong

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 7:09 Quote
killer-miller wrote:
i would stuggest getting an 08 p1.
personally i dont like the idea of having 80 mm of travel. i think it would screw up the geo alot.

i just got an 08 manik, because i didnt like the 09s, and they got a hell of alot more expensive.

i paid like $500 less than buying an 09.
but i would def. say the p1, single speed is soo reliable, and its really really hard to go wrong
well change the forks then dont matter about 80mm unles ure really shit and u cant land right

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 7:14 Quote
killer-miller wrote:

The company puts the fork on. It's a factory-lowered fork.

It will not screw with the geometry.

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 7:22 Quote
id go with the p1 the geometry is much better and the chainstays are shorter so much easier for spinning and manuels

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 7:36 Quote
just fort i would mention

i bought the p1 off my brother and it was the most horrible thing to ride
crank hit on the berm
it felt savage in the air
then i bought the 2008 p2 cromo in my pics
and i ride everything on it
i love the ride
it has gears which are tight enough to be singlespeed so no slip
nice fork
power on the bb5's
it handles and holds on

the slight differance in geo on them is not alot but the feel is miles differant

and for an extra 50 quid you get a sram setup with a dh device witch is more than 50 new so . ........

Posted: Nov 9, 2008 at 7:40 Quote
go on my profile and look at my frame its bent so u can get a ded short and nice backend so its peep to manual

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 20:23 Quote
yea go with the 2008 p2 cromo its amazing i have 1 and i changed it to singlespeed and took off front brake and took offf the gears and put new back rim on and new tires and got an avid juicy 3, it rides amazingly smooth and is great for park, street or dirt

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
iwantafully1 wrote:
yea go with the 2008 p2 cromo its amazing i have 1 and i changed it to singlespeed and took off front brake and took offf the gears and put new back rim on and new tires and got an avid juicy 3, it rides amazingly smooth and is great for park, street or dirt
yeah i got one 2, but at this stage i would go with the 09 p1. single speed already and thats all you need.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 7:11 Quote
P1 better parts and looks, the P2 sucks, why would u want gears 4 a jump bike??

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014492
Mobile Version of Website