• Previous Page
Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 0:03 Quote
hey guys, im thinking of getting a bmx
ive looked around and noticed there is a few half decent ones in my price range
09 Norco Deviant
09 Fit TRL1 or 2
08 Colony Endeavour
and a few others
ive got around $800 to spend as im selling my DH bike.
Cheers
Jack

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 2:28 Quote
Go for the norco !
You can't get a better one!tup

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 2:32 Quote
Get the fit, I love mine. Norco does more MTB than anything, Fit know's what they're doing.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 2:36 Quote
ignore him, get Norco !

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 5:51 Quote
Terrafire wrote:
Get the fit, I love mine. Norco does more MTB than anything, Fit know's what they're doing.
Also thinking of the Fit TRL2, worth the extra money?

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 6:06 Quote
If you get a Norco BMX then you deserve a nice swift kick in the face.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 6:58 Quote
streetstyle wrote:
If you get a Norco BMX then you deserve a nice swift kick in the face.
Why, the few Norco 09 bmx's i have ridden ride really well.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 7:08 Quote
because norco specializes on mtb's while fit on bmx's only. it's better to get a bmx bike from a bmx only company so is your price range 650 American or Canadian?

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 7:09 Quote
i ride mtb and hate bmx BUT i was looking through the specialized bikes and the new bmx arnt that bad.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 7:38 Quote
if your to get a fuse it would have to be the fuse 3 or 4 i still don't recommend it. the norco deviant bike doesn't even have a full cromo frame for 565 Canadian so big no.
same with the fit trl2 it only has chromo top and down tube i would say take a look into wtp addict, kink transition, premium duo or stolen heist

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 8:02 Quote
still only one bike to solve you're problem..Norco !

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 8:05 Quote
Yea dont get a norco because they dont specialize in BMX (i have nothing against they're higher end mtbs). They're parts and frames are pretty bad (meaning they'll break), and not to mention they are heavy as f*ck! Buy a complete bike from a quality bmx company, for $650 you can be a very nice complete, if your buying from Canada and you live there (you might not want to spend alot on shipping and duties) then go to www.3ride.com, look into the Wethepeoples. And if your buying american go to www.danscomp.com, they have alot bigger selection then 3ride but if you order to Canada then expect to pay like $120-$150 on duties, on that website look into Kink, Wethepeople, FBM, Colony, Subrosa, Stolen, Verde and Fit. Fit isnt a bad company but their Specs to price ratio is ridiculous, they price a bike like $550 (danscomp) with like trimoly frame, when you can buy like a Kink, wethepeople, or FBM for around that price with alot higher end parts. Just whatever you do dont purchase a norco, it might be ok if you ride it once in a while but if your gonna go full on riding that thing, then you can expect it to break alot sooner.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
Premiumquality sounds like he is very biased, a true bmxer would be versatile and give you options on your decisions, not one company.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
Definitely stick to BMX specific companies, I've never seen/rode a BMX from a company that also made MTBs that was worth the money.

This year's Fits are not worth the money. Hi Ten frames with house components, I'd say you could do better for $.

Personally, I really like the Kinks. It'll cost you a little more but at least the Whip has cromo main tubes.

Another one I really like is the Stolen Sinner. It has some Odyssey components, integrated headset, full cromo frame for $390.

WTP are also another sure bet. The Salt components aren't always the best but they do put together a good looking starter bike.

Posted: Oct 19, 2008 at 9:28 Quote
broneck wrote:
Premiumquality sounds like he is very biased, a true bmxer would be versatile and give you options on your decisions, not one company.

I was obviously joking because of these silly threads like "i have 500$ what should i get ?"

You have good reviews of the bikes on the net and even guides on pinkbike.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015517
Mobile Version of Website