How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Manual?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How Long Did It Take You To Learn How To Manual?
Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
Ya it should be

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:06 Quote
HumberJumps wrote:
dcshredder wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:

For like 20 sec, but it was not very consistent, i still sumtimes cant do a good manual
how did you learn to manual for 20 seconds in 1 day!?
that seems pretty good to me!
Tried all day, plus my bike (dobermann) really improved my manual, it is easier to get up and easier to hold up.
Nice! I have a Giant STP, which is easy to get up but hard to hold up cos it just pulls itself down, I use my legs but I think I move them too much.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:07 Quote
dcshredder wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:
dcshredder wrote:

how did you learn to manual for 20 seconds in 1 day!?
that seems pretty good to me!
Tried all day, plus my bike (dobermann) really improved my manual, it is easier to get up and easier to hold up.
Nice! I have a Giant STP, which is easy to get up but hard to hold up cos it just pulls itself down, I use my legs but I think I move them too much.
It is better to do bigger pumps than fast pumps so ur bike will drift down then you pump and it goes up, then goes down a bit then pump, that how I do mine

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:08 Quote
HumberJumps wrote:
dcshredder wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:

It is better to do bigger pumps than fast pumps so ur bike will drift down then you pump and it goes up, then goes down a bit then pump, that how I do mine
are you talking about manualing over pump bumps, I'm learning on a a tarmac drive.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:09 Quote
dcshredder wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:
dcshredder wrote:

are you talking about manualing over pump bumps, I'm learning on a a tarmac drive.
No, i mean when you pump ur leags to keep the front up

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:12 Quote
HumberJumps wrote:
dcshredder wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:

Oh right, I bend my knees more when I'm flipping over and straighten my legs when I'm going down but when I bend my knees I go down again and when I straighten my legs I go down as well but I don't know why. Frown

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:14 Quote
dcshredder wrote:
HumberJumps wrote:
dcshredder wrote:

Oh right, I bend my knees more when I'm flipping over and straighten my legs when I'm going down but when I bend my knees I go down again and when I straighten my legs I go down as well but I don't know why. Frown
hmmm, i dont now then, just keep practicing tup good luck

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:16 Quote
Alright, I'm off outside now! Beer
Thanks

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:25 Quote
here is an example:
Views: 5,407    Faves: 107    Comments: 51

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 7:39 Quote
thanks, nice vid! been outside and figured I wasn't leaning back enough so now I can get them more consistently but any tips on how to stop myself falling sideways, that seems to be the main reason I can't go on for longer.
Thanks

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 8:01 Quote
dcshredder wrote:
thanks, nice vid! been outside and figured I wasn't leaning back enough so now I can get them more consistently but any tips on how to stop myself falling sideways, that seems to be the main reason I can't go on for longer.
Thanks
Like, turning sideways or tilting sideways??

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 8:08 Quote
HumberJumps wrote:
dcshredder wrote:
Thanks
Like, turning sideways or tilting sideways??
I tilt sideways then the bike turns that way, so I'm leaning whilst turning and then I have to put my foot down to stop myself falling off.

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
Use ur legs to counter balance, so if you are tilting to the left then stick ur right knee out and vice versa

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
HumberJumps wrote:
Use ur legs to counter balance, so if you are tilting to the left then stick ur right knee out and vice versa
k, thanks. I'll try it later cos it's just rained here for like 5 minutes and the ground's still slippy.

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 22:16 Quote
learn to ride a unicycle!!!! lol
but seriously after I learned to ride my uni, my balance was soo much better on the bike both side to side and front and back.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011917
Mobile Version of Website