Road Bike Accident

PB Forum :: 29ers
Road Bike Accident
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 24, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
Have you ever hit someone with you bike? And if so how bad?

Posted: Nov 13, 2008 at 3:50 Quote
I've taken out a fair amount of chavs when they used to jump into the road in front of me and try to make me swerve. I think the funniest was when he just got clipped by my bar but he jumped back out the way and smashed the back of his head open on a lampost

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
yea once i was coming around a corner really fast racing a buddy and someone was coming the other direction.. we hit smack dab in the middle, I was riding mavic 823's and he had crossmax's guess who won that battle.. long story short he had to walk out of the woods.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
guess that wasnt road biking.. but i have a few more..
another one i was coming around a train bridge on the sidewalk with a pizza in one hand, and nailed some old lady on her commuter. knocked her down a ditch, we exchanged info and i was so scared i gave her the wrong phone number.. and yes one of the many other reasons im going to hell.

Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 23:13 Quote
If MTB counts I had a funny as hell crash with some retard on a halfords (wallmart) bmx When I was about to do a gap he looked at me stopped and moved out of the way so I blitzed it to do the gap and as soon as I land I see him sat on his bike right in the way of the landing, funny bit was I was riding 26 at the time so I didn't even fall off I just went over him.

Mod
Posted: Nov 16, 2008 at 23:22 Quote
Dirty corner took me out when I wasn't paying attention, only going about 35 kph. It happened only about 2 km into a good 100 km Sunday ride but the damage wasn't too bad so we finished the ride and it wasn't that big of a deal, just some road rash.
I ended up putting some moist patches on the two biggest areas, both about 4" x 8" on my right leg. I did not look after it right though and didn't remove the medi patches in time before they started to scab to my leg.... I was a bit of a mess back then and ended up leaving them on for 3 days, maybe 4, I can't remember. It was so bad you could smell the puss and sickness from a ways away. It took 3 hours soaking in a tub of warm water before I could start to pull them off me, the water was so red by the time I was done you couldn't see the bottom. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009490
Mobile Version of Website