Best crash you have witnessed or been a part of!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Best crash you have witnessed or been a part of!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 8:59 Quote
Comming down a hill, locking my front wheel up but then it regained traction, i went over the bars then rolled a couple of meters into a thorn bush. Ended up with my legs facing upwards, whilst laying on my back.

I was in stitches for ages.. Big Grin

(laughing that is Wink .)

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 9:03 Quote
my MUM did a wheelie in the main stret of the village to try and impress me with her new skill. it was on the pavement!! she pulled on the front break while wheelying and went over the bars.. she was fine..Big Grin

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 9:08 Quote
I crashed out in the National Points DH in 1996 and hit a tree doing 40mph.

I broke:

Both arms and wrists.
Had my right hand re built
3 ribs on the right and two on the left
Sturnham (I think thats how you spell it)
Scapular
dislocated my sholder
and trapped a nerve in my leg and lost feeling from the knee down.

The worst thing was the three months without riding!

DunX

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
DunX wrote:
I crashed out in the National Points DH in 1996 and hit a tree doing 40mph.

I broke:

Both arms and wrists.
Had my right hand re built
3 ribs on the right and two on the left
Sturnham (I think thats how you spell it)
Scapular
dislocated my sholder
and trapped a nerve in my leg and lost feeling from the knee down.

The worst thing was the three months without riding!

DunX

/Thread

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 20:02 Quote
ripping down the trail on a dry dusty day went over a burn and then there was this huge tree so i just like hugged it and my bike was still going and my legs grabbed it so i was like hugging a tree with my legs out so i was horizontal while my friends came and was like at the burm and couldnt stop and just yelled holy $hit lol

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
my mate went off a 5 m gap got knoked out was moning on the ground had blood in his brain and a broken wrist

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
ddddhhhh wrote:
my mate went off a 5 m gap got knoked out was moning on the ground had blood in his brain and a broken wrist
i hit a rock and had a 4 inch long 1/3 inch deep hash on my hand. i was laughing bcuz the crash was so funny

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
Well my friend's faceplants are funny as hell! I had a few crashes, nothing to serious. My friend once has a pretty big crash finishing 4 dirt jump, came to get a berm and just hit a step that he didn't see and went flying. Wasn't hurt or anything but the crash was pretty masive.

My worst crash was in ski. 4 years ago i think, got a concussion, cut my tongue 1 inch long and my lips were sweled up as hell! What happened is i came in to fast and wasn't ready for a small jump that the lip was nasty and way to sketchy and just went straight up flying! I landed straigt on my head no helmet... Was bleeding like insane. Remember nothing from that day almost, only reason i know is i was told by my friend that was there.

Sorry if its not biking related, its all i had :S

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 20:52 Quote
ddddhhhh wrote:

that sucks dude
worst i ever got was a concussion followed by a trip to the ER.

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
Graphxxx wrote:
Well my friend's faceplants are funny as hell! I had a few crashes, nothing to serious. My friend once has a pretty big crash finishing 4 dirt jump, came to get a berm and just hit a step that he didn't see and went flying. Wasn't hurt or anything but the crash was pretty masive.

My worst crash was in ski. 4 years ago i think, got a concussion, cut my tongue 1 inch long and my lips were sweled up as hell! What happened is i came in to fast and wasn't ready for a small jump that the lip was nasty and way to sketchy and just went straight up flying! I landed straigt on my head no helmet... Was bleeding like insane. Remember nothing from that day almost, only reason i know is i was told by my friend that was there.

Sorry if its not biking related, its all i had :S
ya i was skiing and i was at the bottom going toward the lift and you have to go across and up a hill to get to a certain lift and so this guy was just rippin head down and every thing and smoked me in the collar bone i went flying like 5 feet and this is in fernie so we went to the hospital and they said i only had 1 small fracture but when we came back home to calgary they found 2 brakes one huge that they missed in fernie so they found the smaller one so what had happened was his pole hit my collar bone

Posted: Nov 2, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
my friend (who doesnt ride much) was ridin real fast down a hill and his front wheel came off and ate shit and had to go to the ER. he ended up bein there for a few days, broke his nose knocked some teeth out and was a lil f*cked up

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 4:19 Quote
well i didnt hurt myself but it was funny ... i just got my bike fixed after the derailer had all bent and i was just leaving to go home wiv my bro nd best m8... my m8 told me not to do a jump, but i did .... i came over quite a big jump wiv speed and flew off the ova side... it would hav been fine but my m8 didnt c i was jumpin and pulled out on his bike at the end of the jump... i smashed in to the side of him and flew ova him and landed straight on my head... tup Camera Camera Camera

Posted: Nov 4, 2008 at 6:29 Quote
my friend was doing a jump and then pedal slipped back and tore of 90 percent of calf and let it dangling by the skin. The next year he was dirt jumping and broke his wrist sprained is other wrist and half of his face nearly got torn off

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016163
Mobile Version of Website