PB Forum :: Beginners
Trek session 88 dh 2009 vs scott gambler dh10 2009
Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
session,hands down

scotts are overpriced

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 4:10 Quote
specialized-rocks wrote:
i aqree

You have no idea what you are saying do you?

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 5:18 Quote
masterk wrote:
evanscycles do not have them instore where i live and trek is only deliver to store only for some reason i dont know so its buy and try otherwise

The reason they are ship to store only is because currently Evans has no stock of them. It’s on the website so people who are sure they want the session can pre order them and get them as soon as possible. When they have sufficient stock of these bikes in the warehouse they will allow you to put down a fully refundable £20 deposit on the bike and order it for you to try out. you should be able to do this with the session in january.

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 5:26 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
my input... if you have to ask the PB community which bike to get, you shouldn't get a bike this elaborate...

that is the absolute truth.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 5:27 Quote
were are you getting the session from is what id like to know as there out of stock till march??????????

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 5:42 Quote
sevenlucky wrote:
lilwalters wrote:
my input... if you have to ask the PB community which bike to get, you shouldn't get a bike this elaborate...

Why is that? What is wrong with asking for other peoples opinion, so what you have never asked someone else before buying something.

On subject I would go for the trek but thats is based on looks and what I have read of it.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 5:59 Quote
Well I know I wouldn't go spending £3500 on a bike that might be good.
If you know what you wan't geo,weight etc wise then you will know which bike will be more suitable.
If not then test ride them both.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 6:50 Quote
tas901q wrote:
sevenlucky wrote:
lilwalters wrote:

Why is that? What is wrong with asking for other peoples opinion, so what you have never asked someone else before buying something.

On subject I would go for the trek but thats is based on looks and what I have read of it.

if you are a proficient enough rider to need one of these bikes, you should be smart enough to know you're gonna get dumb-ass reviews on pb... people throwing names out just cause they own that particular bike, then we get one more kid riding a bike that he/she knows nothing about, and is totally unsuited to their needs...

that's why

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 6:55 Quote
session 88 FTW,
there is like no comparison, the session is cleaner, lighter,
and has the same geo as Sam Hills sunday but with a few trek tweaks

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 8:53 Quote
Session 88. I saw one on the internet, it rode awesome.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 8:56 Quote
I didnt even think for .1 seconds, when im gonna say session for Suure. Scott sells overpriced crap, trek session is for sure muuuuuch better, no question about it. Session 88.point finale

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 9:03 Quote
session 88, mine rides so unbelivably well! proper racey, but confidence inspiring on other stuff, pedals stupidly well, and is 10000000x better value than the scott.

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 10:43 Quote
mr-wilson wrote:
Session 88. I saw one on the internet, it rode awesome.

I know man, if it says it on the interent it must be true right? Wink

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 at 10:56 Quote
my source in Whistler says the trek's fall apart, also having riden a DH20 from last year (my shop has 2 atm) i can say it rides beautifully so plush in the rear, really adjustable very bombproof and brilliant value for money, the treks do look nice, but the scotts really are awesome

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012852
Mobile Version of Website