Who/what inspired you to mountain bike
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 21:11 Quote
oh me too, bro. make it into a lean, mean DJ machine(or bike),

Posted: Feb 9, 2009 at 21:23 Quote
TheDanish wrote:
oh me too, bro. make it into a lean, mean DJ machine(or bike),
yep tup

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 5:44 Quote
there are a lot of reason why i ride mountain bikes , but the reason why it all started is simple.
in March 05 , i stopped smoking.I smoked a pack a day steady from age 15.
a couple of weeks after i stopped , at 31 year old , i bought a mountain bike and i headed outside to the local trails.

i will remember exacly how i felt that day , and it will stay whit me all my life.
i can still feel it every time i ride.
The best way i can describe how i felt is : home. Everytime i ride a mountain bike , regardless if it's XC on my local trails , DH anywhere else , and even in competitions , it just feels right. Like ; this is where i need to be.

one other influence was The Collective ,
for the pure inspiration that there are lines to be ridden out there , you just have to look for them , figure them out , saddle up and ride them.

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 5:48 Quote
wickrider wrote:
there are a lot of reason why i ride mountain bikes , but the reason why it all started is simple.
in March 05 , i stopped smoking.I smoked a pack a day steady from age 15.
a couple of weeks after i stopped , at 31 year old , i bought a mountain bike and i headed outside to the local trails.

i will remember exacly how i felt that day , and it will stay whit me all my life.
i can still feel it every time i ride.
The best way i can describe how i felt is : home. Everytime i ride a mountain bike , regardless if it's XC on my local trails , DH anywhere else , and even in competitions , it just feels right. Like ; this is where i need to be.

one other influence was The Collective ,
for the pure inspiration that there are lines to be ridden out there , you just have to look for them , figure them out , saddle up and ride them.
good story man tup

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 11:05 Quote
As a machine addict.all the bikes are perfect mathine God givenBig Grin and then is plane ..

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 16:50 Quote
not a pro but i came across this dude called evanstrong on pinkbike and its pretty ballsy how hes doing big shit with only 1 leg!

i remember maybe 8-9 years ago watching drop in season 1 with my dad and that was pretty sweet and i wanted to dh/fr ever since. i musta been 7-8

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
Oddly enough, my 9th grade physics teacher, Mr. Ploski, inspired me to truly become an avid mountain biker. He's a guru to me, and I can always go to him if I have any questions or concerns. He's a freakin' teacher and a badass at the same time! props to him.... Geek

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
my buddy paul, he asked to go biking last year and i had a shitty sportchek bike so i broke it after the 17km trail so i could get a new one, loved biking ever since

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 18:41 Quote
My cousin and drop-in

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 1:31 Quote
[Quote] i was goin to get a hardrock but then was talked into getting a yakuza aniki[/Quote]

lies andy just lies

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 2:44 Quote
I saw a guy when i was about 12 ( aloooong time ago now) running along a narrow path by a lochside carring a bike on his shoulder. he was covered in mud and sweating like a horse and i wondered what the hell he was doing. then he got to the end of the scarey part of the path, dropped the bike and tore away over the hill on it.

Thats the very thing for me I thought. unfortunately we were very poor and i never got my bike until many years later after splitting up with a girl and borrowing my dads Raleigh Activator so that I would at least have something to do to take my mind off it all. rode 50 miles my first day out, on towpaths and cycletracks then started going into the hills around glasgow and riding around them. I grew up in the sticks so I knew all the paths and tracks and rode them a thousand times each. I absolutely loved the buzz of it, the thrill of the DH and the slog of the pedally bits and the knowledge that I was going somewhere nobody else had ridden before.

as i got more into it I realised soon that my bike wasnt good enough for what I wanted to do so i rode it until it was dead then bought a £600 Giant full susser (in 1995 that was a goodish bike) and killed that after a while, so I bought a better one and so on and etc.

fast forward to now and I still get exactly the same kick out of riding, although I get it in different ways and on a very different bike. when i look at what I used to ride on my activator and giant i laugh to think that I thought i was some kind of daredevil, riding down a 3ft drop into a grassy bank at 20mph with my V brakes and 3inch travel forks. i still ride sme of those trails today, but where they used to take me 5 minutes and i would crash out at least once, i cruise over them in 2 and dont even think about the lines anymore, i know instinctivley where I can go and how the bike will behave.

so, i guess along with the guy i saw all those years ago I was my own inspiration to begin with, but the trails, the other riders Ive met, the places Ive been and the places I will go are what inspires me now and keeps me riding.

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 3:14 Quote
thats some crazy inspiration

Posted: Jul 30, 2009 at 3:20 Quote
I always liked it but parents thought it was too expensive.
Last year my friend. (Austin de Ste Croix, yournemesis) finally realized my interest in mountain biking and tried to sell his old bike to me but instead I bought a hardtail to try and get some skillz before the susser. still on the Hardtail now but I'm looking into the full suspension bikes.

Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 13:43 Quote
woodygebhardt wrote:
[Quote] i was goin to get a hardrock but then was talked into getting a yakuza aniki

lies andy just lies[/Quote]

that was a long time ago

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
drop in and ride guide on tv

that was my first exposure to the sport and as soon as i saw it i just tohought that t was way cooler than bmx(i still ride bmx at the skatepark but dh is my pride and joy)

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013190
Mobile Version of Website