Kink Whip + Stem + Bars

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Kink Whip + Stem + Bars
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 10:27 Quote
Ive got my kink whip 2009, tightened the stem up as hard as i can... but the handlebars move ever so slightly while riding. anyone else had same problem with new bikes, i think it may be to do with paint against paint, any techniques to solve it like sanding paint off stem etc, please let me know

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 10:30 Quote
i would say score the clamping surface on the inside of the stem so it holds more friction.
also score the part of the bar that the stem clamps onto, but only where you cant see it when the bars installed.

DONT FORGET to wipe down both surfaces before and after doing this.

tighten everything back up.
this should work.

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 10:34 Quote
score? do you mean rough it up,take paint off etc?

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 10:42 Quote
ilikeboobiesandbikes wrote:
score? do you mean rough it up,take paint off etc?
yeah. just get some coarse grit sandpaper or a coarse file and rough it up so its not smooth, creating friction, making it not slip(hopefully)
just dont take off too much paint/metal..just enough so its not smooth.

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
okay thanks alot guys, fingers crossed it will work.. pretty damn scary bunnyhoping and them actually slipping down full then having the seat hitting you in the knackers Razz
anyone else who has same probs?

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 15:05 Quote
ilikeboobiesandbikes wrote:
okay thanks alot guys, fingers crossed it will work.. pretty damn scary bunnyhoping and them actually slipping down full then having the seat hitting you in the knackers Razz
anyone else who has same probs?
everyone has had this problem at least once.
it is pretty much gauraunteed to work.

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
Just make sure it's actually the bars slipping, and it isn't a loose headset that's wobbling around

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008993
Mobile Version of Website