How to move irregular bigish rocks?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
How to move irregular bigish rocks?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
Hey i wanna move some big rocks but they are heavy Blank Stare and hard to move so i thought to my self, is there an genious way to move these rocks?
i have no trucks or craines.
i have some rope and wood, any egiptian pyramid builders outthere?

i want to pile them up to make jumps... if they where in a rock garden i would leave them there Smile

i have to move them about 45 feet or so

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
Well it depends on how far you have to move them. If its not far just use some wood and create a lever. Dig underneath and wedge some wood under it and you can hopefully pry it up and out. If you are moving it some distance maybe get it on top of some round logs and you can kinda roll it around. Just some thoughts. Get some buddies to help and have fun.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
id say either add rocks and make a rock garden or build something over it, with no pics its hard to give advice

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
Get a 2x4, stick the end under the rock, put a smaller rock under the 2x4, push down on the end of the 2x4 not under the rock.

Leverage.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
Dig a hole behind the rock, push it in cover it up.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:18 Quote
Borgschulze wrote:
Get a 2x4, stick the end under the rock, put a smaller rock under the 2x4, push down on the end of the 2x4 not under the rock.

Leverage.
smart man. is what i was going to say. that or tie rope around rock then go around tree to use as a pully type thing and pull.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
eisernes wrote:
Borgschulze wrote:

Leverage.
smart man. is what i was going to say. that or tie rope around rock then go around tree to use as a pully type thing and pull.

lool i tryed that once the tree broke and i fell Blank Stare

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:
eisernes wrote:
Borgschulze wrote:

Leverage.

lool i tryed that once the tree broke and i fell Blank Stare
do it with a tree that isnt 2" thick... try a tree thats 6"+ wide

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 22:07 Quote
if you cant go around it, go over it, so maybe put some dirt up next to it and roll up it, and drop off it, if you can jump over it

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 22:27 Quote
eisernes wrote:
Borgschulze wrote:

Leverage.
That's what I was going to suggest. if you think you lift it up get like a strong net (a cargo net that they have any cars should do if the rock doesn't weigh to much) and lift it , a friend would be helpful. or just roll the rock onto the net and drag it.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 22:38 Quote
Try using rollers. You get a few (depends on the size of the rock) round wood poles, and lay them on the ground. Roll the rock on top and then use them to move it to your desired location.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 22:41 Quote
get an all terrain wagon. use a block and tackle system to get the rocks into the wagon then use another to get the wagon to the location.

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 1:28 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
if you cant go around it, go over it, so maybe put some dirt up next to it and roll up it, and drop off it, if you can jump over it
lool thats what i want to do! buut they are not in the track... so i wana put them there...

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 1:34 Quote
Take a pic of these monsters, THEN we can devise a legit system to move them.

If youre trying to move Mt.Rushmore, give up, we tried it already!

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 1:40 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Take a pic of these monsters, THEN we can devise a legit system to move them.

If youre trying to move Mt.Rushmore, give up, we tried it already!

spoil sport...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010101
Mobile Version of Website