The morzine-les gets thread

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The morzine-les gets thread
Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 13:33 Quote
It's a 2 ft drop off , or am I looking at the wrong pic ?

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 13:44 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
Yes it is. Never said I was any good!!!

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 15:36 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
I think it is what you land on is the problem Smile

Posted: Jun 5, 2017 at 16:26 Quote
Yeah .... pics never do them justice , landing looks like it goes on and on and on ! Under 4 wks and counting Wink

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 1:45 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUzW9E8BneZ/?taken-by=mtb_beds

10% pics on that link! It looks sick. In the words of Larry the Enticer "JUST GONNNA SEND IT"

Looks like a massive waste of time to me, they have a huge hill there & spend time building that?! Pleney desperately needs some new official tracks and proper tech DH tracks.

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 3:43 Quote
Alreet chaps, new to the thread but will be basing myself in Chatel in a few weeks and wondered if anyone has experience of traversing from the Chatel Bike Park Pre La Joux lift through to Super Morzine/ Pleney lifts at all?
I'd love to try out a bit of Morzine and Les Gets whilst I am out there and wondered if its easy enough on my DH bike? Likely to be far too idle to have to pedal too far on a 40lb slack beast!
Any thoughts muchly appreciated!
Ta
Des

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 3:55 Quote
desman75 wrote:
Alreet chaps, new to the thread but will be basing myself in Chatel in a few weeks and wondered if anyone has experience of traversing from the Chatel Bike Park Pre La Joux lift through to Super Morzine/ Pleney lifts at all?
I'd love to try out a bit of Morzine and Les Gets whilst I am out there and wondered if its easy enough on my DH bike? Likely to be far too idle to have to pedal too far on a 40lb slack beast!
Ta
Des

head to the top of Chatel bike park and ride the Serpentine track down into Linderets bowl where there are a few cafes and bike wash. Go straight up the other side on the chair which takes up up to avoriaz. From there head off slightly to the right & you can roll down the road all the way into Morz. town or cut off and make your way right to the Super Morzine / Zore hill - think it's the 3rd big 180deg. hair-pin you go straight on into the gravel car park and your at top of Super M / bottom of Zore chair. Takes a little while but easily do-able & not hard going. To get back, go to top of Zore and then its a flat / slightly uphill pedal across the top and then roll back down into Linderets.

Posted: Jun 6, 2017 at 3:58 Quote
Jimfunn wrote:
desman75 wrote:
Ta
Des

head to the top of Chatel bike park and ride the Serpentine track down into Linderets bowl where there are a few cafes and bike wash. Go straight up the other side on the chair which takes up up to avoriaz. From there head off slightly to the right & you can roll down the road all the way into Morz. town or cut off and make your way right to the Super Morzine / Zore hill - think it's the 3rd big 180deg. hair-pin you go straight on into the gravel car park and your at top of Super M / bottom of Zore chair. Takes a little while but easily do-able & not hard going. To get back, go to top of Zore and then its a flat / slightly uphill pedal across the top and then roll back down into Linderets.

Cheers, it didn't look too much of an arse on the maps.... been to Chatel before and down in to Linderets and avoriaz so kind of know where you are talking about. I'll just have to be social and annoy some other riders in the area!

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 3:46 Quote
Archie, it's very hard to just build new track as the land is private. The land owners get nearly nothing from the lift companies in the summer months for the use of the land there fore no incentive. We have been battling hard for years now to get new track and they built the red 2 years ago. As for tech there are about 40 unofficial tacks on the Pleney just keep your eyes open. Or watch this, no many official track here -

www.facebook.com/mtbbeds/videos/1425554330842435

Posted: Jun 7, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
mtb-beds wrote:
Archie, it's very hard to just build new track as the land is private. The land owners get nearly nothing from the lift companies in the summer months for the use of the land there fore no incentive. We have been battling hard for years now to get new track and they built the red 2 years ago. As for tech there are about 40 unofficial tacks on the Pleney just keep your eyes open. Or watch this, no many official track here -

www.facebook.com/mtbbeds/videos/1425554330842435

I never said anything about building new tracks, that was the lad below me! Some of the unofficial tech stuff is savage! Especially the runs down from Supermorzine!

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 4:12 Quote
Hi all,
So I'm new here and looking to tap into the collective wisdom. I'm planning a trip to Morzine/Les Gets next year for my fiftieth (yeah I know, stay home old man and leave real riding to the young lads/lasses).

Anyway can anyone point me at an article or a post in this thread to help me put my trip together. I'd like details and advice on anything you think relevant, flights, accommodation, transport...... anything and everything.

Thanks.

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 4:18 Quote
Deaddog68 wrote:
Hi all,
So I'm new here and looking to tap into the collective wisdom. I'm planning a trip to Morzine/Les Gets next year for my fiftieth (yeah I know, stay home old man and leave real riding to the young lads/lasses).

Anyway can anyone point me at an article or a post in this thread to help me put my trip together. I'd like details and advice on anything you think relevant, flights, accommodation, transport...... anything and everything.

Thanks.

Flights - your location to Geneva In Switzerland.

Transport - is usually covered by your accommodation, or else use Skiddy Gonzales (i think theyre called)

Accommodation - Few names to research, MTB Beds Morzine, Bike Morzine, Drift Riding, they will all look after you.

Bike hire if required - www.fbfreeride.com are excellent, have a load of Santa Cruz's etc

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 5:39 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
Deaddog68 wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks.

Transport - is usually covered by your accommodation, or else use Skiddy Gonzales (i think theyre called)

Accommodation - Few names to research, MTB Beds Morzine, Bike Morzine, Drift Riding, they will all look after you.

Bike hire if required - www.fbfreeride.com are excellent, have a load of Santa Cruz's etc
Don't worry about your age, I'm 46 and although cant keep up with the better riders, I still really enjoy everything about my time in Morzine.

One thing I have learned is when the younger riders fall off, they tend to bounce, I tend to break!! don't scrimp on the protection!!

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 5:59 Quote
[/Quote]

Bike hire if required - www.fbfreeride.com are excellent, have a load of Santa Cruz's etc[/Quote]

Thanks, I will check those out.

Posted: Jun 8, 2017 at 6:01 Quote
Deaddog68 wrote:

Bike hire if required - www.fbfreeride.com are excellent, have a load of Santa Cruz's etc[/Quote]

Thanks, I will check those out.[/Quote]

Thanks, I definitely won't be skimping on the protection. I've learnt the hard way.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016426
Mobile Version of Website