Need help with Giant reign x1 sizing

PB Forum :: Giant
Need help with Giant reign x1 sizing
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
A local shop is selling a giant reign x1 for 1700 in a size small and a giant reign x2 in a size medium. Im like 5'8-5'9 and around 125 lbs and enjoy down hill and freeride like double black dimond trails as well as biking around on trails with friends.

giant reign x1

pros- huge upgrade of parts over reign x2, lighter etc

cons- small frame might get alittle crampted

giant reign x2

pros- bigger frame , about 300 cheaper

cons- down grade of parts heavier

theres also a glory 1 for 1600 available in a size small

please helpBig Grin

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:12 Quote
i'd say go for the small X1. the parts upgrade is well worth the money and it sounds like it will fit you well. it may be a little cramped for any kind of pedaling (like XC stuff) but it will amaze you for DH... i think you'll like the small. the glory sounds pretty sick though...

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
Small is the size for you if your FR/DH

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
how tall are you i would say small

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
5'8" and 13 yrs old?

I'd go for a medium if you are still growing.

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
i want to be able to use this bike for 1-2 seasons and it would be for dh and fr not any xc rides and ya i think i will grow more

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:19 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
i want to be able to use this bike for 1-2 seasons and it would be for dh and fr not any xc rides and ya i think i will grow more
get medium

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:

I'd still go for a medium, but its entirely down to personal preference.
I mean, it will be a bit more work to start with, but if you grow a bit more it should fit you very well.

Im having a nightmare deciding on sizing for the SX Trail I want.
Im 6'1" and I'm recommended a large by the guy in he shop, but it will be as big as my massive hardtail (19" seat tube 0_0)
So im getting a medium, i think Razz

Again, its all personal prefernece

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:21 Quote
just i dont know im confused i want a medium but i dont really want the x2 parts i want the x1 parts

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:24 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:
just i dont know im confused i want a medium but i dont really want the x2 parts i want the x1 parts

Ask if they will swap the parts across, and pay the price of the x1 + labour costs for switching the parts..
Or you could look at other shops?

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:24 Quote
go with the reign in a medium
tacobell123 wrote:
go with the reign in a medium

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:25 Quote
tacobell123 wrote:

Tell them to order you a medium X1, or you'll find a shop that will.

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:47 Quote
I owned a giant reign x1 size small and im 5'11, it was a bit small, even for fr/dh. Its a hard choice at your age. Small is the best choice right now but if youre growing a lot soon, it will be too small. I'd say take the small and if someday you feel you need to change, just change frame or the whole bike. You have to like your bike now, not later! So thats why medium might be a bad choice!

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:49 Quote
Definitely a medium. I never wish for a bike thats smaller, but will always feel a need to have one thats not cramped. You can upgrade parts pretty cheap, especially if you sell the current parts and buy good condition used ones.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010604
Mobile Version of Website