Ironhorse Sunday Help!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Ironhorse Sunday Help!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 13:22 Quote
Greetings guys.. i kinda have this problem with my IH sunday.. i couldn`t fit a 500 or 600 lbs spring into my RS Vivid 5.1 into the frame!! the frame welding is kinda weird as it doesn`t allow the spring to go right tru it without touching the frame.. what you guys recon? Thanks!

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
did you try mounting it with the shock flipped? Test out without the spring first to make sure the reservoir doesnt hit.

I do know some people were having to modify those frames for certain things though...

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 at 14:22 Quote
"To test on my Iron Horse Sunday, I was given the lightest Tune available, which is Tune “A”. Fitting the shock on the bike required some modifications. The new 08 Iron Horse Sunday links have been modified to clear the ending stroke knob under full compression. My Sunday is a 2005 with 2007 links, so I had to do a bit of filling to make sure the Vivid didn't make contact during full bottom out. I've been told some pre-08 links need filing while some others don't. To be on the safe side, you should double check for clearance."
photo

Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 8:23 Quote
hmm. i had did that too.. still the original position fits best.. everything else clears perfectly, accept the springs..

Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 8:44 Quote
ring up your distributer for your country and ask iron horse what two do i would file it off if it not that much to file off but ask iron horse frist before you do that may affect warranty

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 at 23:18 Quote
ahber wrote:
hmm. i had did that too.. still the original position fits best.. everything else clears perfectly, accept the springs..

400lb springs barely clear on the Sunday. Definitely couldn't see a 500, let alone 600 clear the frame without a decent amount of filing/sanding/dremeling, whatever. Call or email Iron Horse and see what they say. Out of curiosity, how much do you weigh?

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 4:28 Quote
hi mate

get the shock tuned, i made a custom shim stack for mine aswell as some other modifications that i am testing. by increasing the damper charactoristics you will be able to run a softer spring eg i am 12st and currently run a 300lbs spring but could probly go abit lighter if i want to

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026234
Mobile Version of Website