How Being A Freestyle Mountain Biker Has Beniffited YOUR life?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How Being A Freestyle Mountain Biker Has Beniffited YOUR life?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
Hey, biking in my life was a saviour, it took me from being 115 lbs, and strung out, and after a season of riding and healthier eating, i have gained just over 60 lbs since. and now have improved my riding to a point where i would have thought it never could be. lets hear your stories. LIVE AND LET RIDE!

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 8:34 Quote
Mountain biking changed me from someone who sat on my ass all day long, to someone who was mad because they couldn't go biking. It helped make me more friends, and taught me that team sports are a bitch and biking is the way to go.

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 8:37 Quote
AlCapone wrote:
Mountain biking changed me from someone who sat on my ass all day long, to someone who was mad because they couldn't go biking. It helped make me more friends, and taught me that team sports are a bitch and biking is the way to go.
haha for sure, send this to more people, your my only friend on this shit haha.

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 8:48 Quote
MFS420 wrote:
AlCapone wrote:
haha for sure, send this to more people, your my only friend on this shit haha.
Just told all my friends

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 8:55 Quote
I've been riding and racing 20"s for more than 25 years. I'm 36 now and done with 20"s but starting a BLK MRKT Riot build...as long as my body will take it, I'll ride!!!

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 9:04 Quote
Definitly changed my life, i always have something to look forward to and a goal to work towards. I've also made loads of new friends from it and is the best way to chill

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 10:03 Quote
it has seriously helped me a lot, i had scoliosis so bad i needed surgery or else id develop heart and lung problems, and biking gave me something to look forward to while i was recovering. since having back surgery i've gotten a lot better, raced downhill once, and have focused mainly on street/urban and park riding. im so glad i can still ride after all this.
photo

photo

photo

photo

tup

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 10:45 Quote
biking has helped me alot. Shortly after i started biking i had my 4th heart surgery. Biking gave something to look forward too while i was recovering in the intensive care unit. after a week of intensive care i went into a normal hospital room for a week and i was walking on the last day of that week. The second that my doctor said i could go home i asked if i could ride my bike and he said no. a week after that i was riding again and the doctor said that was the fastest person, that he has seen, to recover from a heart surgery. And now i cant ride because i screwed up knee.

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 10:59 Quote
asiankid wrote:
biking has helped me alot. Shortly after i started biking i had my 4th heart surgery. Biking gave something to look forward too while i was recovering in the intensive care unit. after a week of intensive care i went into a normal hospital room for a week and i was walking on the last day of that week. The second that my doctor said i could go home i asked if i could ride my bike and he said no. a week after that i was riding again and the doctor said that was the fastest person, that he has seen, to recover from a heart surgery. And now i cant ride because i screwed up knee.
thats sweet except the screwed up knee part. my surgery has been called a miracle case for the same reason, getting back to biking so fast.

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 11:04 Quote
The best friends EVER!! Plus adrenaline kicks, out in nature, healthy....

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 11:08 Quote
Growing up my main group of "friends" turned to drugs, alcohol and sex before grade school was even done. I'd already seen the potential for that lifestyle and knew it wasn't for me. It was around that point in time that I started riding on a regular basis. I would hang out with my friends during the day but instead of getting drunk or high, I would go out and ride.

Last I talked to anyone from that group, 3 of my friends still hadn't finished high school(at this point I was already in college), 2 friends had kids before they were 18, one was killed in a drunk driving accident, and another friend from that school went to jail for murder. I credit that time "wasted" on a bike to keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
all the oohs and aahs from the bimbos, and the label of having a 'bad edge'
X

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 11:29 Quote
dillonchamberlain wrote:
asiankid wrote:
thats sweet except the screwed up knee part. my surgery has been called a miracle case for the same reason, getting back to biking so fast.
nice but my life is a miracle case

O+
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 at 11:32 Quote
asiankid wrote:
dillonchamberlain wrote:
nice but my life is a miracle case

Don't make this a competition. Do not make this a competition.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014004
Mobile Version of Website